Monday, July 14, 2014

I Love the Dairy Air

Not this time anyway
Happy Monday to you (Hump Day to me).

It is only 10:16 and I have slept for six hours already. I am awake now, apparently. It was nice going in at 17:00 last night and getting off at 01:00 this morning. I thought I was working from 17:00 last night until 06:00 this morning but they didn't want to pay the overtime. That piece of information was not conveyed to me when I signed-up. I accept half of that blame because I assumed and did not ask. It was still nice to work in some daylight; I was happy to see that my skin did not melt from the sunlight. Now, tonight, I start at 22:00 as usual. So, I will get a few things done and then catch some more Z's around 16:00 or 17:00. At least tonight is my hump night.

It was fun working the drum and bugle corps show though my feet hurt today. I spent most of the night controlling traffic by the drum & bugle corps' buses and equipment trucks. I was constantly flooded with memories of the days when I travelled around the country with the Fox Valley Raiders. I saw a couple of people that I was in the Corps with last night. It would have been a lot more fun back then if we had the buses these kids have these days. We also didn't have personal phones or internet... We spent time taping drum sticks and stuff. These buses are like airplanes without wings with the televisions in each seat back and the reclining seats...

The last I wrote was Friday. That night my buddy Greg and I went to the Cardinals' game in Milwaukee. The game started out bad for we Cards' fans as the Brewers got six runs in the first two innings. The Cardinals ended-up scoring seven and won 7-6. It was a fun time but I would have preferred that the Cardinals would have scored a lot in the beginning and blown-out the Brewers because, with the one-run game, nobody left early and we sat in the parking lot trying to get out for what seemed like an hour. The two hour drive turned into about three with one spent at Miller Park Preferred Parking.
I'd make these signs cow-shaped

Over the last month or so I have spent just about as much time in Wisconsin as I have in Illinois. It looks like we are going back to Wisconsin next month for a looonnnggg weekend again. We should probably look into buying a small house or apartment up there. Wisconsin time-share? There are a lot of fun things to do up in cheeseland. Winters in Wisconsin aren't too much fun though. They're not really that fun here in Illinois either for that MATTer. The one thing that will probably keep me from living there is there political climate. To be more specific I think I am referring to the racial climate. As I think about it there were very few people who were not mozzarella cheese-colored at the last two Brewers' games I attended other than the players. I did not consciously think about it until now but I don't think I saw very many non-caucasian people there (the games). On second thought there were many people of color working as vendors (that doesn't count as far as I am concerned). I guess that is proof that I don't really see people by the colors of their skin. The next time I am up there I am going to make an effort to see if this train of thought is correct. Players for the: Packers, Bucks, Brewers... do not count in my analysis. Fabio is almost in Wisconsin again today (Six Flags Great America).

There I go again getting out of my depth.

We haven't recorded a new Dirty Laundry Podcast yet this week. Darned switching of work schedules. I hope maybe we can record one tomorrow. The last show was uploaded a week ago today.

I am gonna end here now so I can get some stuff done before work. As always, I appreciate you stopping by to read my lunacy. I figure if I blog enough maybe, eventually, I will make a difference in the world even if by accident. Have a great rest of your Monday - every day is one day closer to the weekend. TTTT...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment