Monday, June 2, 2014

Someone Else's Shoes

Last night at work, since this is our slow time at work, I got to spend the entire shift with the T.C.'s. In case you are unaware, the T.C.'s are the dispatchers and the ones who answer the phones for the police departments including the 911 calls. I think T.C. stands for telecommunicator. Wow, these people are under-appreciated. It was a very slow night, which is good in our industry, and it still was pretty tough. It would take me a really long time to become proficient at this job. I cannot believe what all goes on in that room simultaneously.

Ann B. Davis died. All of you Middleers know that she played Alice on The Brady Bunch. She sure seemed like a nice lady. I remember seeing her on Love, American Style and The Love Boat and thinking she was nice based on those appearances. I am pretty sure The Brady Bunch TOTALLY type-cast her so she had a rough time finding other serious work after that. I didn't really find her a very good actress so that could have been a contributing factor there too. If I would have based Robin Williams' possibility of serious work on Mork and Mindy I would not have thought he would have done much either.

I just finished uploading Dirty Laundry Podcast so, the show is ready for your ear gawking. I think it's a pretty good show this week. We have been good at keeping it near an hour these past several shows. It makes it easier to listen and faster for me to edit and get it uploaded. It's also free on iTunes among other places but, you already knew that. Next week we will be out of town but I think I will pack up the show and take it on the road.

It is 16:49 right now. I will have to get to sleep pretty soon so I can get some shut-eye before work. Tonight is only my Wednesday (Hump Night/Day). Property taxes (the first half) are due in three days.I just got the check from Action Marine today from selling our boat. They sure were a great company to work with. They are near Lake Geneva, Wisconsin. I would have gotten a bit more for the boat if it weren't for someone else wrecking the prop on the boat we rented. They took that money off the money t hey got for our boat. I learned a valuable lesson so I will write it off as tuition (tuition of life). Life is full of tuition situations isn't it? I wish I had more INtuition in renting that boat and letting somebody else take it out without me. Live and learn. I am tired of having to learn.

I am gonna end now. I should be able to blog tomorrow now that the show is up. I hope you have a great Monday night (that makes me better that it is my Wednesday already). Thanks a lot for listening to the show and stopping in here when you can. I know you're busy but the show can go with you and the blog is usually short and extremely interesting and informative. TTTT...MITM (zzzzzzzout) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment