Thursday, June 12, 2014

This One is Just Right!

This is the letter that was left in our mailbox (isn't that a Federal offense?)
Most people who know me know me as a fun-loving, mild-mannered idiot. For the most part that is true. I don't get too angry very often. Not that anybody usually knows, anyway. I am actually usually fired-up about something inside. You know when I preface the blog with this there is something coming. Comcast/Infinity is digging a deeper hole with me - pun slightly intended. I am not going to go into the entire saga; the last two blogs should explain in-depth what I am blogging
 about. They were, in fact, here yesterday. I found the evidence when I got home from work and got the mail from the mailbox. There was a handwritten letter in the mailbox (see the photo up there) saying that our "cable" is still hooked-up and it maybe the problem is  that we still have the satellite hooked-up. He is partially correct - we still do have the satellite hooked-up. We have had satellite television "hooked-up" in this house for about ten years. The problem is there is a cable (for the WiFi) running through the backyard. I had to get a bit more stern with the fellow I spoke to today from the call center at 06:18. After explaining the whole thing to him he scheduled a service call for my "cable" issue. This guy was more Hispanic-sounding than Middle-Eastern sounding. He was very polite and helpful; he was just helping me for a problem that I did not have. Maybe he is a doctor too? So, now I think someone is going to call me from the local office - I think. I may go over to the local Comcast office tomorrow but I bet they have no office in town.

There is a black bear loose in my county. There are probably many but the news agencies are talking about a particular black bear that has been covering a great amount of ground over the last few days. I heard our County Sheriff on the radio talking about how it seems harmless and appears to be a young bear (although very large) and probably got kicked out of the house when Mama Bear spilled the porridge gave birth to some new cubs. We're supposed to keep our kids and dogs inside. I am not concerned. I am sure it will show-up at work one night.
Ultimate Raccoon Warrior?

Last night I saw two raccoons fighting. It looked like Hulk Hogan and Randy "Macho Man" Savage going a it. Actually more like the Ultimate Warrior with the masks. I passed them and they were wrestling and then I passed them again about fifteen minutes later and they were still going at it. No, it was not sex! I have talked about the fox I always see running around with a rabbit in his/her mouth. The other night I saw the fox and then I drove about two miles East and I saw the fox again running with a rabbit in it's mouth. Makes a lot more sense now; there are at least two foxes who are always running around with rabbits in their mouths. Very foxy! I am on to you now Mr. Fox(es). I haven't been stalked by the coyote lately. Deer, geese, skunks, coyotes, foxes, raccoons... and now a bear? It's MATTual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom at my work. I love it! How come the plural of ox is oxen but the plural of fox isn't foxen?

I am going to get a few winks real quick. I have tonight and tomorrow off but I only slept for about three hours this morning because I had an appointment this morning. So, as you might imagine, I am a bit sleepy. We are going to record Dirty Laundry Podcast tonight so I need to be a bit more chipper than I am right now. Thanks a lot for stopping by. I will let you know when the new show is ready but I think there will be at least one more blog before that happens. Have a great whatever night this is for you. TTTT...MITM (out) Good night in the day - TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment