Saturday, June 14, 2014

I Choose Not To Fight!

I am so tired of just about everything. I am mainly tired of all of the fighting in America. Of course, everybody thinks they are right or they wouldn't believe what they believe. I usually try to avoid discussions about: politics or guns or health care or religion or gay rights or race relations or abortion or women's rights or testing on animals or sports or immigration or Cuba... I know how I feel about these things and I usually have a pretty good sense for how other people feel about things after talking with them for a few minutes. They are not going to change my mind and I am not going to change theirs so let's just talk about the weather. No, then there is the whole global-warming / climate change deal so we cannot even talk about the weather. I realize that every topic in the world can be controversial. I am entertained by my perceived feeling of other people's idiocy and I am sure they are entertained by their perceived feeling of my idiocy. I admit that I am an idiot most of the time. I am mean, hey, I am not a Cubs' fan. When I was a kid there was a saying I would hear the grown-ups say all the time, "you never talk politics or religion." That list of things not to talk about has grown exponentially. It cannot be avoided on Facebook. There are a lot of people who would argue against social networking too. Bottom line, I guess that every topic can be controversial. Some people even hate babies and puppies and kittens. Even Adolf Hitler believed he was right. There are even Neo-Nazis who believe that too.

Last night we (Cha Cha, Greg and I) went to see a band called Sixteen Candles at RiverEdge Park in Aurora. It was Greg's idea and it was a good one. Supposedly the band had been on Rosie O'Donnell's show. When is the last time she even had a show? I had been by here several times but this is the first time I have been to a show there. It was fun. The weather was great, it was Friday the 13th and there was a full moon. The band played all 80's music which is probably my favorite era for music since that right in my wheel-house. The band was pretty good but the lead singer wasn't that great. Maybe I should cut him some slack since we was doing songs sung by every gender and race. He did better than I would have done and they were worth the price of admission. Admission was only $3.00. It was not as nice as Ravina but it had a similar feel. They have a couple of large acts coming this summer. Maybe they have these smaller bands early in the season so they can get the bugs out (sound, lights, staff training...). It is hard to get angry when you only pay $3.00 to get in. I hope they get some really big acts that I like in the upcoming seasons because it is so much closer than Ravinia for us. Ravinia allows people to bring their own food and beverages (even alcohol) in but RiverEdge does not.
$31,000,000 could buy a better tie

I have still not received any calls from Comcast/ Infinity about burying the cable. I wish the speed of the internet sucked so I could just cut the cable and mail it back to them. No, I really do like the fast internet. I just read an article this morning about how Comcast's CEO was paid $31,000,000 last year. I like to write the zeros because it looks bigger that way than to say $31 million I think. That's like $14,900 per hour if you figure it at 40 hours per week. Whatever! That's their business but, my business is that the people who answer your phones are morons (at least the last three I spoke with) because you pay them $7.25 per hour. If they work 40 hours a week for 52 weeks that is only $15,000 per year. There are a lot less zeros in their pay than there are in the Brian Roberts' (CEO). The hourly employees make, in one year, roughly what the CEO makes in one hour. Zeros don't equal zero if they follow another number.

Tonight it's back to work and tomorrow is Father's Day. My mom and dad are coming over and we are taking them out for brunch. There is a new place in town we have been wanting to try and we will let my dad be a Guinea Pig for his Father's Day. It's called Farada's Banquet Hall. I just went to Yelp! and they have three reviews. Two very good and one not so good. I haven't reviewed anything on Yelp! for awhile and maybe this is a good opportunity on the morrow. It's a Sunday brunch every Sunday so, how can that be bad? Time will tell I guess.

Alright, I have wasted enough time just blabbing here. Have a great Flag Day! Why don;t they just called is Old Glory's Birthday instead. That's what Flag Day really is. I love our flag. I really liked the one with the 13 stars in a circle a lot too. If we add states will we change the flag? There are talks of California breaking up into more than one state. Never mind all that, I was wrapping up. Have a great day and I probably won't blog tomorrow though I may Yelp!. TTT?...MITM (out) SALUTE! TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment