Friday, May 30, 2014

The Natives Call Me "Dancing With Coyotes"

I just got home from work. So, that is what working during the day feels like. It has been awhile since I experienced that feeling. I kinda really like it. Today renewed a lot of my joy for what we do at work. It was a training day (not quite like the film Training Day). It was moving and chilling. Several local and state law enforcement agencies, along with many of the surrounding fire departments, sent staff and equipment to be part of the "happening" or "event" or "scenario" or whatever term you want to use. I normally don't talk about too many specifics with work but there were dozens of media outlets covering the goings-on so you may see about it on the news or hear about it on the radio or read about it in the newspaper so I don't feel like I am talking out-of-school (no pun intended). If you do see it and I am on the screen I am the good-looking one with the florescent yellow and orange vest. It was pretty much like a live-action video game. It was Laser Tag taken to the 1000th degree. It made me really proud to do what I do today. It also reminded me that I really like working while the sun is out. I actually believe I got a tan while getting 6.5 hours of overtime. I got a free lunch too but, it was a little prejudice against non red meat eaters. I stepped up to what I heard was a salad bar. There was shredded lettuce, sliced onion, pickles and sliced tomatoes. I instantly realized that these were garnishes for burgers. I made a salad with them anyway. There were potato and pasta salads but I am watching my carbohydrates (carbs as many now know them) so I didn't have any of those. There were two kinds of fruit salads so I had a whole plate full of fruit. I glanced at the long line and saw just brats and burgers so I had "garnish salad" and fruit. Hey, my vest was about the same color as my pineapples and oranges; I may be a cannibal. At least I am a delicious, colorfully-dressed cannibal.

I saw a fawn walk right across the busiest street in town with a high volume of traffic, walk about twelve feet from me right in the MIDDLE of broad daylight like he was alone in the woods. I have to believe he may be lost or a bit mentally challenged. I see lots of animals in the MIDDLE of the night while I am working. It is that time of year when all of the animals have their babies out. The other NIGHT I was out of me vehicle in a kind of remote area and I looked over and there was a coyote near me. I got back in the vehicle rather quickly and moved a bit and he/she disappeared over a berm. I started getting out again and the coyote appeared over the top of the berm. I moved and then the coyote moved. If I see him again I think I will name him Two-Socks. It was EXACTLY like that scene from Dances With Wolves. The coyote actually looked just like the wolf in the film. I would have thought that it was a wolf but I am not sure that there are too may wolves near my work. I have seen the same fox running around at work just about every night I work. He always has a rabbit in his mouth. The other night the rabbit was still kicking a bit. I guess that makes for warm food when you finally get the "carry-out" home. I love animals and hate to see animals hurt but this doesn't seem to bother me for some reason. Probably because I know this is just how nature works?
My work uniform does look a bit like that, actually

My work sounds so interesting when I write about it here doesn't it? I guess it is interesting. I just wish it could be interesting during the day for me.

Music is so weird to me. It has been a large part of my life for as long as I can remember. Yesterday, while mowing the lawn, I listened to the AC/DC Pandora station. Now, while writing this, I am watching a documentary I had recorded awhile back about Queen (Queen: Days of Our Lives). Is there anybody who doesn't like music of one kind or another? It soothes the savage beast they say. Maybe I should play more music at work while encountering the skunks and geese and coyotes/wolves and foxes and deer... Oh yeah, and people. I love so many kinds of music. I feel like I need music all of the time. Where does that come from? Do I need a soundtrack for everything? If I had to chose a sense to lose I think hearing would be the last one I would pick just because of music. Maybe touch would be the first one I would choose. 

I hope we will record the new load of Dirty Laundry Podcast tonight. I suppose thinking me of sound makes me think "podcast" too huh? Okay, now it is tonight and we are going to go record the show. Obviously, I took a break in my writing because it became tonight. I hope to have the show up tomorrow but that may be wishful thinking. I will let you know when it is ready. Have a great Friday night. Thanks a lot for letting me blab-on and come to the realization that I really do like my job. I am confident and hopeful that I may be able to work days in the not to distant future. Keep your flanges crossed for me. If I get the show edited I will blog tomorrow before I go to work; no promises. TTTsoon...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment