Thursday, May 1, 2014

The Same Old Story!

If you're not MIDDLEaged you probably don't remember this
So, my left leg is now about 50% more circumferent than my right leg. I am not sure if circumferent is a word but if it is not it should be a word. That is a newer development (the swelling). I also have a bunch more little red itchy spots on both legs. I went to "Convenient Care" this morning and arrived a bit before they opened at 0700. I was worried that all of the blue hairs would get there and I would be sitting in the waiting room for hours smelling moth balls. I was the first one there. Maybe the rain made some of the others wait until later? So, at 0654, I was standing in the rain waiting for the doors to open. It reminded me of the days when I, along with friends, would camp-out at Sears at Fox Valley Mall to open on a Saturday morning so we could buy tickets from Ticketron or TicketMaster, depending on the year, for whatever concert we needed to see. The Convenient Care staff arrived and I got in and I saw the doctor, who was sick (not very reassuring to get a sick doctor). Then there was a whole incident having to wait for the pharmacy to open at Walgreens at 0800. They opened at 0800 but they were not quite ready to assist me appropriately so "open" just means "open" I guess. They should change their hours to "ready to assist you at approximately 0815." I got some steroids and some different antibiotic and bought some more Benadryl ointment. I thought I was supposed to get a prescribed ointment too but that ball was dropped by someone (maybe me?). Enough about my death march woes.
Most recent photo of my morphing

Tonight I believe we will record the new load of Dirty Laundry Podcast. I promise not to drink any alcohol before this week's show. I wish I had made that promise last week.

I am really happy that this is my Saturday (well, tonight at 2200 will begin my Saturday - right now it is still my Friday night). Hopefully, the two days off will allow me to heal enough to not be too uncomfortable to work. I am also happy that it is chilly today so I will not be tempted to wear shorts because I believe, if I go anywhere in public in shorts, the villagers would run screaming when they saw my bloated, pussy (pus discharge), pink and yellow crusty/bumpy leg. The word "pussy" sure has some very different meanings doesn't it? I think if you compare today's photo ----> you would say that it looks a bit better. I assume that the yellow crust means it's drying-up and will eventually fall off. The swelling is a little worse today though. I am sorry I am so obsessed with this. I am happy it is my left leg because that is the one missing the big toe (the foot, that is). That way if it needs to be amputated I will still have the foot with the big toe and you know what John Winger and Sgt. Hulka say about the big toe?

I am going to stop now because I am just focusing on one thing; the thing that shall not be named. I need to do some other stuff so I can have other things to talk about tomorrow and on the show tonight. I have been doing a lot of research for the show while writing this and I should be more positive and turn my attentions that direction. Thanks for your patience and thanks for letting me do some personal therapy. I am grateful that you keep coming back. I am sure I will have time to blog tomorrow in between editing the podcast. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment