Friday, May 23, 2014

Guns, Haircut, Weirdos... Just an Average Day!

I watch all of these World War II movies and I always see that German Lugers were a big prize for soldiers apparently. When I was a kid I had a toy metal German Luger. I loved that thing. I wonder what ever became of that gun. Had I known it was such a cool thing then I probably still would not have taken care of it and still would not know whatever happened to it. I was born in West Germany and I would not be surprised if it actually was from Germany. I am going to have to ask mutter und vater if that is the case. Can you imagine what you would be worth today if you kept all of the cool toys that you had when you were a kid? I guess that only applies to MIDDLEaged people and beyond. That photo over there to the left is exactly like the one I had. Today it would have to be a bright color, made of plastic and have an orange tip. Okay, I just checked at I can buy one for $30. Maybe we wouldn't have been rich after all. I don't know why but I am thinking about sending away for one of these toy Lugers. I can get a real WWII one from anywhere from $700 - $1500.. Can you imagine the looks I'd get at the range with that gun? Nostalgia is so expensive.

I am not sure if I have used that previous paragraph before so, if I did I apologize. I am sitting in the waiting room at the orthodontist while Fabio gets his braces removed. I thought I would blog on my phone and found I had written that paragraph on May 2nd and I didn't see it in one of the published blogs since that date so forgive my if I bloggered. That is my new word for blogging the same thing that was previously blogged. Like stuttered only about blogging. 

When I dropped him off I went over to SportClips and put some lipstick on this pig. I remember when my buddy Randy and I were in Houston at Minute Maid Park watching an Astros' game and I went out to center field and got my hair cut by SportClips for charity.  I was on the Jumbotron.  Be happy you missed that hideous sight.  You think I look bad in regular size imagine the horror in the size of the Statue of Liberty. Like Mothra getting a haircut. People were screaming and vomiting and covering their children's eyes all while running for the exits. Matthra, ahhhhhhhhhh! 

There are eight people sitting in this waiting room and all but one little boy are staring at our little handheld screens reading and/or typing. I am doubly antisocial because I have ear buds in listening to the Pink station on Pandora. I love her music and it is even better when the expletives are left in the songs.  We have so many stupid hangups in the U S and A. My friend (I got called into the room and don't remember what was going to go here). I have been home now for about two hours.

It's 1400 and I think I am gonna stop and eat. I am not sure if we're gonna do Dirty Laundry Podcast anymore. Not much of a segue there was it?  I enjoy doing the show but it has become almost a weekly chore. I know a lot of people all over the world listen and that is one of reasons that I am not definite yet. It has been over three years since we started the show; it has become a large part of who I am. There's a lot going on that will help me decide how we will proceed. We have made lots of great friends from around the globe because of the show. I have met and talked to a  lot of great people that I would not ever have gotten to know and we seen things that I would have not seen if it weren't for the show. These are some of the reasons that I am not taking the decision lightly.

Just back from lunch. We ate outside and who knew there would be entertainment with lunch. A girl with pierced cheeks and a snake around her neck came by and knew some people from another table so we had that discussion to listen to - very entertaining. That was just the float that kicked-off the kook parade that kept flowing by. We have a very ecclectic town. That's a nice way of saying that we have a lot of weirdos in our hamlet. They probably say the same thing about us, huh? Weirdos apparently don;t know they're weirdos do we? There used to be a place called The House in Dekalb that is closed for now. At lunch Cha Cha said, "this is what happens when they close The House." I believe that she is correct - the asylum door was chained shut with the inhabitants on the outside. I liked The House. They had a great salsa avacado wrap and I like the carnival sideshows. Put those together and man, I am all over that! It really was a fun place to go to occasionally (especially on Open Mic Night).

Enough for today. I think we may have a fire tonight. If you're bored stop on by. Just follow the smell of a fire in a backyard. Thanks a lot for stopping by. I will let you know how the Dirty Laundry Podcast decision comes out. Have a great night and YOUR three-day weekend (my weekend ends tomorrow). I am working Memorial Day Night too. 7.5 hours of  Comp Time or Overtime. I think I will take future day off (Comp Time). TTT?...MITM (out) Sayonara, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment