Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Stop, Look and Listen!


I am still battling the poison oak / ivy / sumac. The Lost Sock mentioned to me that he knows a couple of people who have contracted Shingles recently. I checked and, based on the photos and symptoms I have seen on the interweb, I am fairly certain that it is the poison plant version. I have been thinking about it and I bet I got it when I was gathering wood and kindling for a fire we had by the lake. I was traipsing through weeds and brush gathering dry sticks, weeds and logs and I was beating the Hell out of my legs with scrapes and scratches. The place where the poison seemed to begin its attack on my body was a 7' - 8' scratch across my left knee. Now that one is only pink and bumpy rather than yellow and pink with white and bubbly with pus. The other knee is also red and bumpy now. The ankles are vey bumpy and I have three red bumps by my belly button. Most of my lower body itches most of the time. So, I brought home a poison souvenir and Jeff brought home Ticks. Who says you have to pay a lot for souvenirs and fond memories?  I must admit, we had a really good fire that night though. I am the only one who has a S'more though. Maybe the marshmallows, chocolate or graham crackers were poisoned? All of this itching and scratching was not worth the S'mores. I sure know why we never see photos of Davy Crockett and Daniel Boone wearing shorts. Yet, Native Americans wore moccasins and no long pants. Curious! Maybe it's just because I am a tenderfoot city slicker?

I wrote that last paragraph yesterday and it is no longer that day. I just wanted to let you know that in case there is continuity problems or redundancies. I didn't finish it yesterday because I wanted to get the show done.

I just finished editing Dirty Laundry Podcast and it is ready for your: downloading, listening, telling your friends about, laughing at, thinking about, making fun of, ignoring...there so so may things to do with this amazing show.
Now it is 17:06 and I will be sleeping soon to prepare for my ThursDAY which begins in a bit less than five hours. It is like you being up at 03:00 if you work at 08:00 and you have been up all night. I think I wrote about  how I was having these weird mind / out of body experiences when I was sick awhile back. Last night, while at work, I was having them again. I cannot even fully explain the feeling. It starts like kind of an uneasy feeling in my stomach and it quickly turns into my head spinning and a very brief flash-like deal or something (maybe like from the movie Quantum Leap) and then I feel like I have gone into somebody else's body or into a movie or something. I have to really focus and then I am back. It happened about seven or eight times last night. It was kind of unnerving because for most of those times I was driving. I have not had any alcohol in weeks and I have never done drugs. Maybe it has to do with the poison travelling throughout my body? I was ill when it happened last time too. I really want to learn to harness this "thing" and see if I can conquer mind time/space travel or something. It is kinda cool though scary the first time it occurs. Maybe I am just slowly losing what few marbles I have left. It's probably the poison from the oak/sumac/ivy finding it's way out of my system. I have not had any of these deals today. They have all been at night so far too. I am just slowly putting the pieces together to solve this mystery.

I have to finish dinner for the other inhabitants from up in this hizzy and hit the rack before work. I will blog tomorrow from within this dimension or another. In the meantime, please listen to the podcast so I don't have to haunt you from the future or from outer space or inner space or wherever it is that I am headed. Thanks a lot for stopping, looking and listening (so, that's what they mean about "stop, look and listen"). Have a great night. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment