Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Why Do We Even Go On?

The absolute truth!
Owning a boat has been a hot and cold relationship. There is an old saying, "the two happiest days in a man's life is the day he buys a boat and the day he sells it." Well, today was one of the happiest days in my life apparently. And, no I didn't buy a second boat. There is a lot to say about this but I think I am going to save that talk for Dirty Laundry Podcast. I think we are going to record the new show tomorrow. Without a full day off this week I am not sure how quickly I will get it edited though.

I am happy that I get 18 of the 24 hours in tomorrow off. Then Friday, I work about six hours and get approximately 18 of that day's hours off too. Then the week starts all over again. Public safety never sleeps; just like me.

How many movies has Cuba Gooding played a cook in the Navy? I guess he loves cooking like Stallone loves boxing. It's 1238 and I am hungry. I wonder if that is from seeing Cuba cooking. I think I am going to break and get something to eat. Pretty smart huh? Hungry = eating. I will see whether I can get a lunch date or just go down to the galley and rustle-up some grub. Don't be jealous but I just had some cracked-pepper sliced turkey breast wrapped in low-call Swiss cheese (for "bread") with dill pickle slices. I am surprised I didn't have Cuban food ("Cuba cooking").

It looks like we are going to forego our Cancun vacation this summer for a fence. We could do both but it seems silly to blow that much money all at one time. I hate being so practical. Life sure does cost a lot. I already have my vacation approved in August. We will probably just stay around here and do some small trips... There's a lot of great things to do in Chicago. St. Louis is close. Milwaukee is close. I love Hannibal, Missouri. The kids are going to be disappointed but, get used to it kids. Disappointment is what life is made of. Cha Cha may be going on her girlfriends' trip this year and it looks like Greg and I are going to tour some baseball stadia next season. The word stadiums would also have worked there also,
 but how many times do you get to use "stadia?" We are trying to figure out which ones. Colorado? Arizona? Kansas City? Cincinnati? We will try to get three in if possible. I love travelling so I am disappointed about Cancun. Get used to it Matt. Disappointment is what life is made of. You know I am sad when I end a couple of sentences with prepositions.

Property taxes are due this week speaking of disappointment. Our taxes went up to $6700 this year. They were $6600 last year. Property values go down yet property taxes go up. How in the Hell does that work? If I had to do it all over I would just rent an apartment in the city and never buy a house. Then there would be no fence to compete and I'd be packing for Cancun. Who ever taught us that owning a home was the American dream? I bet home builders and fence companies had something to do with that hype. The cities and villages probably had a hand in that too with their property tax bills.
Money's just flying out the windows here!
So, to summerize - sold the boat and everything else sucks. I am second-guessing the blogging today. At least I have tomorrow off to sleep half of the day and mow the lawn on the property that I have to pay $6700 in taxes for over the next few months. Officially sad now. That's better than depressed though. Some people have nothing. I guess I am fortunate to have all of these stresses huh?

I have to go start dinner and then get some sleep so I can head to work. I hope I didn't bum you out. Myabe these things make you feel happier about some of your goings-on. These "troubles" aren't as bad as many people in the world face every day and I am embarrassed that I have been whining about them here today. I am just venting in one of the ways I know how. I think maybe I need to drink and play the lottery more. Have a great night. Thanks for letting me lie a few moments on your couch. I would sent you a few bucks but the city has quite a bit of my liquid tiesd-up for awhile. TTTT (maybe)...MITM (out).

No comments:

Post a Comment