Thursday, May 15, 2014

Pay Ball!

Greg is the good-looking one
Hey, it's my Friday night!!! I just got off work 48 minutes ago and I will take a nap (about 5 1/2 hours) and then my pal for about 30 years Greg and I are headed to watch the Cardinals/Cubs game - weather permitting. We're going to watch it - whether they play or not is up to them. The series was supposed to be a four-game series but yesterday was postponed until June or July so, since they have each won one game, today is the rubber game. It's chilly here right now so, I am thinking, the Cardinals' jacket may have to make one final appearance before it is sent to the 150-day disabled list. I am sure a Cardinals' shirt/jersey will be on "ready alert stand-by" (that one is still left over from Top Gun Day). I wonder if Greg and I will try the old You've Lost That Loving Feeling thing like we did on Penny Benjamin; you know, the Admiral's daughter. Sadly, that was all written without looking anything up. Greg is reading this right now and trying to think of a way out of spending the day with me. Maybe "the nap" will help.

I am going to get some overtime at work over the next two months - sweet. Memorial Day I get to work and, since it's a holiday, I will get OT or COMP time and then next month I get to work six hours, in the morning, on a real Friday (one of my days off) for more OT. Overtime was rare with our old "boss" but the new Chief is much more open to finding ways to get us some extra hours; doing the types of things that, in my opinion, should have been happening all along. I think things are improving at work and our Collective Bargaining Agreement (Union Contract) is up soon. I am confident we will be getting more money with a new agreement. I sound like a Union man but I am just a "what's right is right" man. If I didn't think things were gonna progress I would be out of there. I was the Chapter Vice President but I resigned that position a few months ago for "personal reasons." Isn't that what people who don't want to discuss things say?

I think I am gonna wrap up for personal reasons (actually the personal reason is that I am sleepy and I want to be ready to watch some baseball). Thanks a lot for stopping-in. I will blog again tomorrow a little less tired and, hopefully, a little more happy. Even though I am happy now. Have a great day. TTTT...MITM (one, two, three strikes - I'm out). TA

No comments:

Post a Comment