Friday, May 31, 2013

I Want To Be a Real Boy!

I sure did get wet at work last night; it's funny how being outside in the pouring-down rain for hours will do that to one. It was nice to be able to get home and get in the shower where it was a lot drier. I felt like I was working in a dunk tank.

I love slow news days on the internet. MSN's lead stories are: "stars who face foreclosure" and "see where celebs are now" and "they're how tall?" and "famous high school dropouts" and "why Wolfgang Puck is the Steven Spielberg of restaurants" and "what are these celebrity's real names" and "Man had pencil in his head for 15 years." There is a story that they may have found a sonar of Amelia Earhart's plane. I hope that last one is true but I could not care less about those other stories. When did we become a society that is driven by entertainment? Is that bad? They used to say "no news is good news" but that was in the days when that was true. Now "no news means we have to find news that really shouldn't be and isn't news." These days there are people who tell us what the news is rather than just letting the news be the news. It all comes down to public relations and money. Maybe we just crave escape more than reality these days.

In a related note. Why are The Kardashians famous again? I also saw that Kylie Jenner (one of Bruce Jenner's daughters and thus a Kardashian) went to lunch with Jaden Smith (Will and Jada's son, of course) in New York. Jaden dressed in a very authentic-looking Iron Man costume/uniform/get-up during the lunch. I am ready to train for that trip to Mars that we talked about on Dirty Laundry Podcast a month or so ago. You get trained and go there but there is no technology that allows you to get back so you pretty-much give your life for science or hope the technology develops so they can create a way to get you back before you die up there. Why do we say "up there?" I bet when you're "up there" you'd look at Earth and say "up there" too. They cannot both be correct can they?
I put in for my sixty hours of vacation time last night. Most people would not have had to use that much of their vacation time because four of those days are Saturday's and Sundays. People usually don't have to use vacation days to take Saturdays and Sundays off. If I had traditional days off that would have saved me fifteen vacation hours. By the time my vacation does arrive at the end of July my days off may change and I might get one or two of those days back. That is provided that the new days off are some of the days of the week that will be doubled in that vacation stretch. The days off change, if I am lucky enough to get some of the days off that I bid on, will begin July 1st. I want to be a real boy.

So, I am playing on-line poker again. I really like playing poker. I prefer to play it in person but I have to make sure I still have my chops before I make that move again. So far I am winning a lot more than I am losing so I think I still got game. I am a pretty competitive person and poker is a good outlet for that. The reason that I prefer to play in person is that I can usually read people pretty well and you cannot do that as well online. I also like to play with chips and I love the sound of the chips clinking together. Schwing!

It's time to make the donuts. I have to get dinner ready and start getting my game-face on for another fun-filled evening. Have a great night. Thanks a lot for being here again. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment