Thursday, May 23, 2013

Jack Frost Nipping at My Blog

An old acquaintance that I have never been very fond of is scheduled to be in town again tonight. I have known him most of my life and never really started to dislike him until the past ten years or so. He wears on my nerves. His name is Jack Frost. He is supposed to arrive this evening and I think it will be a short stay but I think once he is gone he probably won't be back until October or November. In honor of his arrival tonight I have turned the heat back on in the house. He is so damn particular about temperatures so I hope he doesn't outstay his welcome like he usually does.

Tonight is my Monday morning - woo hoo. It's only a four day week for me this week as we were given the option of taking Memorial Day off without using a vacation day. I would usually work that day and get paid for working and get paid holiday pay too (double pay) but since my weekend is Tuesday/Wednesday I took the boss up on the offer and will have a three-day weekend while getting paid single time for Monday while I am not there. I hope it stays a little chilly because it would be nice to have a fire in the backyard Monday night. I don't think we had a fire all last year.

I am really getting frustrated with Dirty Laundry Podcast. Almost every week we get done with the show and I get it edited but when I go to upload the show something happens or the things that are supposed to happen don't happen. I really love recording the show and I love the final product but getting the part in the MIDDLE of that gives me trouble more times than not. I am sure most of it is because of something that I do or don't do but how come sometimes it works fine and then the next week I do it the same way and it doesn't work fine. I am almost to the point sometimes to quite doing the show all together. It would seem a shame after doing 113 shows (counting the one I have not yet gotten launched) to stop but is it worth the frustration for a hobby? I am pretty sure I could spend my time better doing something else. I know one thing - the new show will not be up today. I will calm down and eventually push through all of the headaches but I am not in the mood now. I really don't like the person who decided that, "nothing worth doing is easy." I am not even really sure if that is a saying.
Today the Boy Scouts of America vote on whether to allow gay members. What a bunch of jerks to even have this be an issue. I don't remember sex being part of the Boy Scouts for the brief time I was there. We were more excited to pass our test to be able to carry a pocket knife. I made it through Webelos and was in Boy Scouts for awhile but found it kind of stupid. I am trying so hard not to make any Webelos jokes. I think it meant something like "we be loyal scouts." I would not want to be part of an organization that is so intolerant. I bet the Hitler Youth had gay members. I also bet there were gay member in Boy Scouts when I was there and have always been. I think if I were that age again and I were gay I would join and not say anything about it and get to be an Eagle Scout and then let everyone know I was gay. I guess they are a private organization and can do what they want but prejudice of any kind seems to be against what the Scouts should stand for. Like always the women lead the way; The Girl Scouts of America allow gay members.

I have quit because I cannot think about anything but the podcast. I may go back down and see if it can be easily remedied but I don't believe it can be. If and when I get it up it will be quite an accomplishment. I will let you know if that happens. Have a great chilly day if you're in the MIDDLEwest. Pretty soon it will be 100 degrees with high humidity and then  will be complaining about that. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment