Monday, May 20, 2013

I Have Found a Positive Thing About Smoking!

I apologize for being sweaty and maybe smelly but I just got done mowing the lawn. That is one of the nice things about having a non-traditional work week; I can mow the lawn in the MIDDLE of my night without angering the neighbors. It is supposed to rain for the next couple of days in the MIDDLEwest so I thought it might be a good idea to get the mowing done. Get busy mowing or get busy dying. It is pretty warm out there today but it is really windy so it doesn't seem that warm. I really like mowing the lawn. I wonder if people think I am stupid for having a teenage son and I mow the lawn but I like doing it. I am a thinker and mowing is good thinking time. You might not know that to talk to me but I think a lot. I think too much which is most of my problem. I like listening to my music and Dirty Laundry Podcast too and this is always a good time to do that.

If you listen to Dirty Laundry Podcast you heard on the recent load that we have baby bunnies in the yard. They are out and about now and I am sure those big ears don't like the lawnmower. I only saw one of the rabbits so I am making an assumption that they are all out and about. When the one who I saw - I will assume he is Peter because Flopsy, Mopsy and Cotton Tail are back home where they are supposed to be while Peter Rabbit is out running away from lawnmowers. When he was trying to hide he went to the neighbors fence and stayed motionless. Obviously, I saw him so he wasn't as slick as he thinks. I steered clear of him because I did not want to make him go under the fence because the other side of that fence would make Mr. McGregor's garden look like Club Med. Over there are three Great Danes and three Irish Setters. I am guessing six huge dogs would make mincemeat out of that rabbit.
This time of year always makes me think of Bambi. We have robins in the yard feeding their babies. The babies just peep and peep and the poor parents are flying around the yard bringing them back food. We have the rabbits, of course. I saw geese with goslings last night. I saw a duck nesting in an ashtray the other night. Yes, in an ashtray. Of course, I had to take a photo of Ash Tray Duck. I am gonna check on them from time to time and I already have names picked out for the ducklings: Salem, Carlton, Kool, Winston, Viceroy and Kent. I am not sure how many eggs are under there so this will be a start. I knew that there had to be at least one redeeming thing about smoking and I think this is it. The sand (or whatever it is) that they put in these ashtrays is good for hatching ducklings. I don't know how they will get out of there once they hatch but they will figure that out I guess.

I watched a couple of movies last night that I will talk about on the podcast this week. I finally watched Django: Unchained and Jack Reacher. I got paid while watching them so when I talk about them on the show I will officially be a professional movie reviewer. I also have Hitchcock with Anthony Hopkins but I have not watched that one yet. I will try to watch it by tomorrow night and Cha Cha may watch that one too. Speaking of films I think Cha Cha and I are going to see the new Star Trek film Saturday. Don't tell her but I put in for a night off Saturday because for some unknown reason she wants to go see William Shatner. She really, really, really wants to meet him. There is a known reason - I think she is a Trekkie or a Trekker or whichever category she falls into. I have never been a fan but I am a Cha Cha fan so I will be a good co-host and go along for Vulcan support. NA NU NA NU. I think I will take the digital recorder to see of I can get The Shat to say "I'm William Shatner and you're listening to Dirty Laundry Podcast." He probably won't but it's always worth a try I guess. I wonder if it will be like a scene from Galaxy Quest.

I have to start getting dinner ready. I am making crab-stuffed salmon and then I have to get on to my Friday work day; thank goodness tomorrow begins my weekday end. I live for my weekday ends. They are hiring five more people and have them trained by the end of summer which means I will move up quite a bit in seniority and may get a better weekend when we bid for days-off in June/July. Even one typical weekend day off would be great. Let me know if you're looking for a job and I will let you know where/how to apply. The deadline for applying is May 22nd which is Wednesday I guess so let me know right away. Thanks a lot for being here and for listening to the podcast - I cannot express how happy it make me that you do. Let me know if you want to meet Shatner with us and I can get you the details on that too. Have a great night and I will probably be back here tomorrow. TTTT...MITM (beaming out - she will never make me a Trekkie/Trecker as hard as she tries. Her Jedi mind tricks won't work on me but that is a better line of films. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment