Monday, May 13, 2013

Bloggie Dearest!

Soap Operas are back on network television. The Bold and the Beautiful, Days of  Our Lives and
General Hospital are all listed on the guide. I thought they had run their courses and ratings went down so much that they decided not to have these shows any more. Now, coincidentally, all three networks decide to start showing these shows again on the same day? Obviously more than a coincidence but what in the heck is going on here? Maybe daytime ratings didn't get better as they thought they would so they went back with these shows. Maybe people were clamoring for their shows back so they got them back? Did Susan Lucci need something to do?  They are probably better than many of the reality shows that are on. The thing that makes me wonder the most is why all thee networks (ABC, CBS and NBC) on the the same day? This would be a great time to bring Dark Shadows back from the grave. The popularity of zombies and the supernatural is higher than ever right now and the Johnny Depp movie awhile ago lets people at least know what the show was. 

Yesterday was Mother's Day and we had my parents over for lunch. I barbecued a turkey and made my house-famous  corn-on-the-cob with cilantro. My parents didn't have any idea what cilantro was. It was a nice day I thought. I may have been delusional though. I cleared the table and they were all talking. I finished putting everything away and got the dishes washing and returned to the table. After a little bit my dad turned to my mom and asked, "why are you kicking me?" She just looked at him. I said, "I think she's trying to tell you that she wants to go home." I could see by the look on her face that I was correct. It seemed to me that we were having a great conversation but she doesn't ever want to be away from her house and her many cats. That squealing sound hat you just heard was me throwing the brakes on right here.

I was looking through the television guide yesterday looking for some kind of sporting event to watch while I was cooking and I saw that Mommie Dearest was showing back-to-back for about six or eight hours on IFC. There are probably better movies to honor mothers than showing one of the worst mothers in cinematic history. How about Psycho? Mrs. Bates did a bang-up job too. But seriously, how about Mr. Mom? I know you say Mr. Mom was more about the husband but I thought Teri Garr was a great mom in the film going to work and landing the Schooner Tuna account while fighting off Martin Mull and all. What about A Christmas Story? Mrs. Parker was a great mom in that movie. Dumbo - talk about a great mom ...Mrs. Jumbo was one of the best.. Mrs. Doubtfire - Sally Field had to leave Robin Williams for the good of the children. Toni Colette in Little Miss Sunshine. I could blog on-and-on and I often do. Making that quick list made me realize that many of these strong/good mothers were because of crappy or absent husbands. I knew I could figure a way to be one of the reasons Cha Cha is such a great mom. I have to start working on my great movie fathers list now too because Fathers Day is coming next right?

I have a lot in my many notebooks but I am always torn on what to write about here and what to save to talk about on Dirty Laundry Podcast. I know it isn't terrible to use the same things on both but I don't want to bore people with the same things over and over; I would rather bore you with new things. 

Cha Cha and Splenda are our checking out potential wedding venues. It is great having Splenda home for a week though when she goes back it will be sad again. Even though she is engaged I think it will be at least a year until the wedding, She has one more year of college and I know she wants to graduate before they get married. Brad is still in the early stages of being a Marine so I imagine he wants to make sure he is settled-in pretty well too. He is stationed in North Carolina and she is going to visit him soon also. I have to get a blog/podcast name for him soon too. Since he is a Marine I instantly thought Gomer but that has negative connotations I think even though Gomer Pyle was a great guy he is thought of as a boob and Brad is far from that. Maybe Joker or Cowboy from Full Metal Jacket?
BILLS FOR PILLS 

I have stuff to do before I go to work. This is my Friday so going to work is better than usual today. Have a great rest of your day and tonight and thanks for stopping by. I will probably blog again tomorrow but I have an appointment to get the car serviced and apparently I have a doctor's appointment. They woke me up by calling me to tell me I have to come see them tomorrow. They have no reason to see me other than to milk more money out of me. I have to see them every so often or they will stop letting me get my blood pressure medicine. Bills for Pills (patent/trademark/copyrights pending). They pretend to like us but they would rather have us die of a heart attack if they didn't get our money. I really would go to a back alley (as opposed to a front alley) to buy Metoprolol Tartrate out of a van from a guy in a tench coat  if that sort of thing weren't illegal. Bastards! TTTT (probably)...MITM (out) TA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment