Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Soul Searching Epiphany Blog?

Bubba Chubbs
It's funny how the same temperature feels differently at different times. Cha Cha cannot stand being hot so, when the weather turned just a little bit warmer she turned on the central air in the house. In the winter, when it is very cold outside, we have the thermostat set at 72 degrees Fahrenheit and it seems warm. Now that it is warmer out the thermostat is still set at 72 degrees and it is freezing in here. I actually have a blanket over my lap while I write this blog. I look like a little old grandmother with my cheater-glasses on and a blanket over my lap. I should be out writing this on the patio I suppose. If I turn the air off it will be warm in here when Cha Cha gets home and it's always polite to keep the ladies happy. So, I will just be a bubbameister. I am not sure if that is the real word and even if it is I am not sure if it is the proper use of it but I like it either way. Maybe I will change my name to Bubba Meister but I would go by Bubba Chubbs (inside joke for MADYM).

I think I am going to talk about this next thing on Dirty Laundry Podcast when we record it tonight but it is too good not to share here too. There is a new report in the New York Post that says that rich people from New York have been hiring handicapped (I am not sure if that is a politically correct term but I mean nothing derogatory by it so I think it's okay) tour guides to take their children to Disney World so the kids can get to the fronts of the lines. The story claims that they are hiring people with legitimate physical limitations from a company called Dream Tours to chaperon their children through the park because everybody knows rich people shouldn't have to wait in line like the rest of us. This must be even faster than the Speed Pass or whatever it's called these days. They actually get a whole different entrance to the rides and get on immediately. They are paying $130 per hour ($1,040 for an eight hour day) for his "service." I am very sympathetic toward people who have physical and/or mental limitations but I have never really thought about it before now but why should they get to go to the front of the line anyway? I know that may seem harsh but I would think that people with handicaps would want to be treated the same as everyone else. I am trying to think how I would feel and maybe I would feel a little cheated and want to get special treatment when I can get it. Celebrities get special treatment this way too I think. I will have to bounce it off of Cha Cha tonight on the podcast so I can decide how I feel. I like to get other people's thoughts before I make up my mind sometimes. As brilliant as I think I am sometimes I don't always think of every aspect most times. There may be a soul-searching epiphany that I will reach tonight.
Speaking of rich people thinking they should be able to do whatever they want to do - Justin Bieber had his monkey seized by German officials (this is not a sex joke - this really his pet Capuchin monkey Mally). He was trying to take it into Germany without the proper vaccination papers. He had until Friday to produce the proper documentation and could not so now the monkey is headed to a zoo somewhere in Germany. Officials said he (the monkey) has gained weight since no longer living the Bieber life-style since March 28th. Bieber sure does have a lot of trouble in that part of the world. The whole Ann Frank thing awhile back and now this. Maybe he should stay in his neighborhood and just continue to anger his neighbors by speeding around in his car.

I have to get starting on pre-show prep. There are no scripts but there is a lot of work that needs to be done to sound as clueless as I am. It's like any hobby I suppose. It's a lot of fun but it's quite a bit work too. Think about any hobby you have or have ever had; it;s quite a bit of work isn't it? Maybe work is the wrong word. Labor of love (blaaahhhhh). Thanks a lot for being here and I will let you know when the newest load of our hobby is available for listening. I wish I hadn't been watching Little House on the Prairie the whole time I was writing this because it's the part of the show where I always get choked-up and teary-eyed. Makes it hard to type. Have a great night. I will probably blog tomorrow while Dirty Laundry Podcast is uploading. TTTT...MITM (thankful it is his Saturday and typing in the third person) TA!


No comments:

Post a Comment