Friday, May 10, 2013

We Are Visionaries!

I don't know if you remember but, awhile back I was contacted by our bank who said that my debit/credit card was on a list of thousands that was at threat due to someone hacking into the computer system of the local market that I do, no exaggeration, 90% of our grocery shopping. They are close which makes it convenient and even though they are a chain they all know us and seem like a local neighborhood store; mainly because they're close to our neighborhood maybe. The bank sent me a new card and all was well. OR WAS IT? Someone posted on Facebook our neighborhood's page that they were recently ripped-off of over $900 charged in Texas in connection with this hacking. So, I decided to go to the bank website and check our account and guess who else charged two times in Texas yesterday? Matt In The Middle that's who. But I was not at Wal-mart #1117 in Plano, Texas recently and what is Midway Valero in McKinney, Texas? Uh oh! I called the bank and the crooks charged $148.21 on my old card yesterday but it came out of my account. Luckily, I checked right away. I called the bank and they prepared a form for me to go in and sign and I will get the $148.21 back. I wonder if I hadn't caught it so quickly the amount would have risen to $900 too? I guess when I activated my new card the old one wasn't automatically deactivated as I thought and maybe just assumed. That would have been helpful information; they may have told me and I glossed-over it too I guess. So, now the old card is deactivated and I will probably check my account every day for awhile. Funny thing is that when I saw the posting of someone losing their $900 yesterday it was after I had stopped at the store this morning on the way home from work after I went to the ATM first and got cash so I didn't have to use my card at this store. Is it the store's fault? Do I need to shop somewhere else? Do I need to stuff all of my cash in the MATTress and not trust the banks? Too bad they didn't have these signs to ignore in the 1930's. When I was talking to the dude at the bank he listed about seven states and three other counties that they are having to deal with this for "thousands and thousands of dollars."

I just watched a new show on The Travel Channel called Monumental Mysteries. I really like the show. This was the premiere episode and the thing that drew me to the show was that John Borowski, who has been on Dirty Laundry Podcast a couple of times, was on the show. I love history and I love mysteries even more so this show is right in my wheel-house. Then, in the premiere episode, you put in a person who I consider a friend? TRIFECTA BABY! I guess we kinda scooped this new show when we had John on our show. He talked about H.H. Holmes, America's first serial killer as he did on our show. You need to get on-board with this so that when Leonardo DiCaprio makes his film on Holmes (reportedly his next film after The Great Gatsby gets done wasting screen time) you can amaze your friends that you knew about this Chicago serial killer way before any of your friends. The podcasts that John were on are still available at the Dirty Laundry Podcast link up there in red and free on iTunes if you are so inclined.

I am so excited. Splenda will be home from school tonight. She will be home for a week. We haven't seen her since we met her in St. Louie, Louie for her 21st birthday. As excited as I am I think Cha Cha is a lot more excited. Maybe she's tired of the testosterone 2:1 ratio? I am sure we will have to have Chipotle and Portillo's while she is home. They don't have either one of these in the south. She is a vegan and these places both have things that she loves. Fortunately we all like these two places.

I have to get some sleep so this one is a wrap. Thanks a lot for being here today. I may blog some time this weekend but I don't think you will miss me if I don't Tonight at work I am not outside so it won't rain. Last night I was outside for about seven hours so, of course, it rained and got cold again. I predict next Thursday will be rainy and cold. Have a great however long it takes me to blog again. Blog ya when I blog ya! TTTNT...MITM (zzzzzzzzzz - out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment