Monday, April 15, 2013

Rumors of Me Being Shot are Greatly Exaggerated!

I have had three different positions with my current employer going back about four or five years. I had never missed one scheduled work shift until last night. I went in but I had to leave early. I am not going to blog about the particulars now because I am still dealing with the issue and I always like to have mystery in the blog. I will talk about it eventually. When I arrived home about 00:15 Fabio was still working on a project for school and I must have looked a mess. I have never seen Fabio look so worried about me. I guess he has that "my dad is different than everybody else and nothing could ever happen to him" thing kids always think about their fathers. I found out this morning that he thought I had been shot. I WAS NOT SHOT! I imagine, and Cha Cha brought it to my attention, that I really looked disheveled. I was gray and partially unclothed and had pain on my face because I was in pain. Maybe I looked more like an alien stripper? I am happy I was not shot and upset that I wasn't shot at the same time - at least then I would have a chance to be out of this misery that is probably gonna linger for a day or two. It makes me happy that he was so concerned. Being a sixteen-year-old it has been about a year since his teenage hormone change-thing had begun and I have noticed that he seems to be coming out of the other end of that tunnel; thank goodness. I am fine and the blog will go on for a while longer though maybe I should start selling autographed copies or allowing people the right to be blogged-about or something?

Yesterday Fabio and I went to see 42. I am not going to say much about it because I want to talk about it on Dirty Laundry Podcast this week if I live that long (just kidding though we never do know when we are gonna be done here are we?). I will say that if you get a chance before the next podcast (spoiler alert) I would go see 42!
Comedian Jim Gaffigan Tweeted something yesterday that I found funny - "Oh no! I am missing the movie awards show on the music television channel that has only reality shows." I have been saying these sentiments about the channels and the awards shows for years and years. I would love to say that he stole this idea from me but A) I imagine he doesn't follow this blog or listen to the podcast and B) now it is even more prevalent than when I started talking about it a long time ago so how could you not notice now? I am just a trend-spotter...that is one of my annoying gifts. What's next Gaffigan? Gonna start talking about all of the huge celebrity voice-over work? Just kidding. I love Jim Gaffigan and he is probably almost as creative and funny as I am for the record.

Since I wrote all of the stuff above I went to the doctor and now I have some really cool pain medicine. I also just had a turkey sandwich on pumpernickel  It's been a day-and-a-half since I ate anything and I am surprised that the sandwich didn't taste better. Now I have a very bad headache - it just gets better and better; maybe I should take one of those pills.

I am sure you have heard by now that there was a bombing in Boston earlier today at The Boston Marathon. It is also tax day and Patriot Day. Boston makes a big celebration about the battles of Lexington and Concord (Civil War). I never really thought about it but is it weird that we celebrate these huge battle days? Days like Pearl Harbor Day...? It's nice that we don't forget and I am not saying that it is weird I am just wondering out blog if it is weird. Anyway, there were two bombs that went off and a third that didn't go off. I am happy that it wasn't worse but wonder why they selected those specific times for the bombs to go off. Had they gone off earlier there would have been even more carnage. While all of the media descended on the scene I thought - what would happen if these terrorists had banked on the fact that the media circus would arrive and they had planted more bombs for their arrivals? Will someone claim responsibility for this heinous, cowardly act?  What if it was North Korean-backed? I could never understand, probably because I am at least 70% sane, why people would want to injure innocent people. Small children, old people... I am very sad when things like this happen. It had to be a group of people. There's very little chance that one person could have done this and THEY WILL BE CAUGHT. Our country will not allow someone to be held responsible; hopefully it will be the correct people. It seems like the flags in our country are half-mast more times than not in the U.S. of A. lately.

I am going to take an Elvis pill and sleep for the first time in a couple of days. Thanks a lot for stopping by and for always coming back. Tomorrow will be a better day. We record the podcast tomorrow night. It seems to come quicker and quicker.

Thank you for always stopping back here. Tomorrow night we record the new podcast; the time seems to come quicker and quicker. We will have a lot to talk about. Not like it would stop us if we didn't. Have a great rest of tonight and an even better tomorrow. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment