Monday, April 29, 2013

25 Years... Seriously?

Tomorrow is Cha Cha and my 25th wedding anniversary. Even before that we were together for five years. She deserves some kind of a humanitarian award. We aren't going to do anything too special just dinner and a movie. For our 30th we are going to go on a European cruise but there are still too many parenting duties required for the next five years. Maybe in five years we won't end up doing that because who knows what will happen with Splenda's wedding and stuff in that time frame but you have to keep that carrot dangling out there. Splenda met her fiancee in college too - appears to be a family tradition.

If you listen to Dirty Laundry Podcast, besides you being extremely intelligent and highly entertained, you know that I have a love of the didgeridoo. It's even a fun word to look at isn't it? Saying it is pretty fun too. I just saw a show saying that playing the didgeridoo can cure snoring. Yet another reason for me to get a didgeridoo. I also think I would like body paint which seems to be required while playing the instrument. How crazy do you think a didgeridoo would drive the neighbors? Maybe it would drown out the sound of the six barking dogs next door? I can read the subdivision Facebook posts now. "Did anyone hear that low hum last night? I think it is coming from the lake at the front of the subdivision. Probably the first signs of a sink hole."

And the winner is.....
I am really tired. I am very thankful that this is my Friday. Tomorrow night Cha Cha and I are going out to dinner and a movie. It's is nice having Tuesday be my Saturday in a way because places are usually a lot less crowded. Trying to make margaritas out of limes. I could probably make them out of lemons but I am more of a traditionalist. We are going to see a film in a new format - step aside 3-D your days are numbered. In addition to being pioneers we will also have a new film to review as well as maybe the new great technology in the movie-watching experience. We also have a new sponsor on the show this week. I just thought of that because of one of our big past sponsors Didgeridoo Warehouse.

I am trying to chisel myself down again and I am doing pretty well so far. The reason I mention that is because I am hungry (tired and hungry huh). I am either going to have some steamed broccoli or some peas. I am leaning toward the broccoli. When I make peas I spice them with dill, dried onions and celery salt. The broccoli usually gets Lowery's Salt and pepper. Sometimes I will do the dried onions too but most of the time not. I am going to start the cooking and will let you know when I get back. The suspense will probably drive you Matt but you will actually find out in the next paragraph.

I went with the broccoli because I was in the mood for sound effects. If you know anything about me you will know that I love sound effects. I like to use all of my senses whenever possible contrary to popular myth.

I was just thinking (sometimes I do that)...what year was it when we went to Hawaii (with the kids) and renewed our vows? If I remember Splenda must have been 15-years-old because she had her driver's
permit so it was about six-years ago. I don't know if you know this or have ever heard this but that Hawaii place is pretty nice.

I am beginning to ramble and that's usually the signal to wrap this up. There's nobody standing in the back of the dark room shining a flashlight so I know to get off. I am 50:50 on blogging tomorrow. It's anniversary day and I have to sleep a little in there or when we record the podcast on Wednesday I won't know what Cha Cha is talking about when she reviews the film and the new movie "experience." Thanks a lot for being here. TTTT (50:50)... MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment