Thursday, April 25, 2013

Non Political Blog!

I am so reminded why I hate politics every single day. When I think of politics I think of people with their own personal agendas trying to make other people believe that these are their agendas too. I am not referring to opinions, rather the sort of master plans and schemes. I know better but I would like to believe that there are still people who fight for the little people just because that is the right thing to do - fighting for people who cannot fight for themselves. Maybe this comes from growing up in the days of crime fighter shows and movies when we only had three channels to watch. Maybe it's the Batmans (or would that be Batmen?) and Green Hornets and Lone Rangers and Cisco Kids and Tarzans (not fighting for people but the jungle and animals)... Shows like Emergency and Adam-12 and Mannix... Perhaps if they went deeper into the lives of these fictional heroes they would have been corrupt and out for themselves too? I think most people start their ventures for noble reasons but I am not even sure of that anymore. I know what I believe is right and those are my politics but I suppose that is most people. I pretty much go by my common sense and my heart. I know what I believe to be right and wrong and I sincerely do care about other peoples' feelings and thoughts - see, not made for politics. A lot of times I worry about making other people happy before myself; that's why is am gonna die in The Middle but I would not want it any other way.

I do like to watch political arguments on Facebook sometimes though. You can always tell when someone realizes they are out of their depth or believe they are losing the duel; they begin saying things like "I can see you know nothing about..." or something condescending like that. I try not to argue I just get quiet when I am upset and, unfortunately, sometimes, that quiet mountain turns into a volcano. I know this is not healthy but we are who we are and try as we might most of us are just creatures of habit and cannot change. I just like to focus on the positive in my thoughts and hang with people are this way too. It's fight or flee and I would rather flee because I don't like who I become when I argue; kind of like David Banner (another dude fighting for others, ironically) I think.

I had to take a break there because I was getting myself upset thinking about all of the injustices and you wouldn't like me when I am upset. I don't like me when I am upset. I used to get upset a lot more but maybe it's age or maturity (believe it or not I was even less mature than I am now at one point) or just being tired and old.

I have lost six pounds in the past week-and-a-half. I decided to care about that again. One day at a time and I may bore you here but seeing it in writing and maybe being accountable to the blog and you will make it more worth doing. Maybe I will talk about it on Dirty Laundry Podcast next week too. Cha Cha is fighting her own battle there too and maybe having to answer to a worldwide audience or two will make it more doable. I would say this week but the new show went up last night just before the witching hour. I hate when Cha Cha and I do stuff like this at the same time because it's not fair and sometimes discourages her but we both need to get into better shape. The reason it is not fair is that women don't be able to lose weight as quickly as men. There are quite a few reasons I feel guilty for being a male part of the species and this one of them. At least women are starting to get their due in or society - maybe there will be justice some day.

I sure do seem introspective today. If I were a pot smoker I would guess that I am high. I haven't even been around the smell of pot for almost three days so it cannot even be a contact high. No alcohol to drink for about ten days. Hmmmm. Maybe less food, or at least better food, is doing something chemically to me.
Cartoon mascots make being fat fun!

Speaking of weight loss I hear that Twinkies will be back in July. In fact, all of the "classic" Hostess snack cakes will be back. I know Twinkies have always been popular but things always become even more popular when nostalgia kicks-in and that's happened when Hostess Brands, Inc. closed in November. People started waxing poetic about how great Twinkies were remembering having them for lunch when they we kids twenty years ago. The new company Hostess Brands LLC will open in Columbus, Georgia and produce: Twinkies, Ding Dongs Ho-Hos, Suzy Q's, Cupcakes and Zingers. Don't you think this seems suspicious? People are so health-conscious now and sales had dwindled so you close the company, take six months off, get the Unions off your back, move from very expensive Union-crazy Chicago to less expensive Georgia while creating a crazy "need" for spongie sugary snack cakes and then open back up to what will undoubtedly be record sales for Twinkies right out of the box (pun intended).  I may have to buy some shares of stock and sell them in a month. Also, why are all of theses snack cakes make for great nicknames for our naughty bits (private parts)? I have a two-tracked mind.

Okay, I have gotten a lot of things off my chest and it's after 2PM and I need some food. I think I will go downstairs and have a pickle. Thanks a lot for listening (reading) I appreciate you being my therapist and my couch is always open to you as well. Have a great rest of your day and a wonderful night. I will blog again tomorrow I think (92.1%). TTTT...MITM (out with food on his mind but not in his heart) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment