Tuesday, April 2, 2013

A Deep Dark Sinister Blog or Just the Same Old Stuff?

Why do we do the things we do? This is a question I have been asking myself for the last couple of days. It
doesn't have any deep dark sinister basis it means nothing more than "why do we do the things we do?' Why do I write a blog and you may not? Why do you maybe smoke cigarettes or fly a helicopter and I don't? I know it comes down to what we are/were exposed to and what just clicks with each of us but I was exposed to smoking - quite a few of my relatives that I was with a lot as a child smoked but I have never smoked. My dad loves to fish but I have never liked to fish even though I like to eat fish. Cha Cha likes to garden but I don't like to garden. I have had many philosophical questions like this going on in my head lately. Why do some people think these things and others don't? Is it because of a lot of things happening recently that we have been told are milestones? Splenda turned 21 and Fabio turned 16. My dad turns 75-years-old this year, I will have been married 25 years at the end of this month, I will reach the half-century mark this year... These last three being multiples of five. Are fives and zeros big deals because most of us have five fingers on each hand and ten on the two hands together? Are things in multiples of threes and sixes big deals to sloths? Are there other kinds of sloths other than three-toed sloths?  If not, why do they have to throw the words "three-toed" in the name "three-toed sloths?" Do cartoon characters make big deals about fours and eights? How come cartoon characters only have four fingers on each hand? Is it really so they don't accidentally flip us off? When and why did the MIDDLE finger mean what we think it means? And when did "FU" start to be bad? Why is it bad when we have to do that to procreate and continue our species and that is supposed to be a good thing unless we talk over-population and then, who decided when too many people are too many people? I thought that you could never have too much of a good thing and I believe that most people are good so maybe it's just when we started getting bad people that there were too many people. Wow, I feel well-rested for the first time in about two years today and maybe that is what happens with a well-rested Matt. I am not sure if I am more annoying tired or when I am not tired.

I like cole slaw. Just saying.

The new  Dirty Laundry Podcast  is in the can (or in the ether or on the web or in the pod...). Tomorrow we start the third season. I do love doing the podcast. I love that people get enjoyment from the show and that we make people think and feel entertained and laugh and realize that some of the same things they think are thought by other people too. I think we also educate in our entertainment. We have a guest scheduled to be on the show this week. If you have been a regular listener you will know this person as he has been a guest several times and we always get great feed-back when Jay Cole is on the show.
I think I am going to take some more college courses next semester. I may even start in the summer taking one class. I haven't taken any college courses since I was, well, in college but I have the opportunity to take free college classes and why wouldn't I just do that? I could just take classes for the love of learning rather than having to take things to meet requirements to get a degree. What should I take? Something to help me in my life like nutrition or finance? Something to help me with the podcast like editing or more broadcasting classes since things have changed since I learned all of the things I think I know? When I was working on my broadcasting degree we still had turntables for music. Creative writing classes for the blog and the podcast? Maybe I can work on the college radio or television stations. Acting classes so I could act normal sometimes? Engineering so I could build a bridge? Psychology so I can figure out what's wrong with me? I have taken many, many psychology classes while in college and I still am who I am so that was a waste other than getting the credits and fulfilling my degree requirements. I just now thought maybe I will be Thornton Melon. Why do I have the name Thornton Melon in my head without a single hesitation but I cannot remember what to get when I go to the supermarket without a list?

Yesterday I blogged about maybe getting some tickets for a show in Chicago for our 25th. Broadway is doing the same thing that the movies are doing. Instead of coming up with new ideas they are dredging-up the past in entertainment. Movies are remaking lots of old films - some that were great and didn't need remaking and some that sucked and didn't deserve or need remaking. Broadway has made Catch Me if You Can (the Leonardo DiCaprio film) and Big Fish (the Tim Burton movie) most recently. I liked both of these films but DO SOMETHING NEW AND ORIGINAL like The Book of Mormon, for instance. I do not mean literally redoing The Book of Mormon already just do something original like this is original. I know this in not a new trend but it is just lazy. Maybe I will take a screenwriting class so I can help be part of the solution rather than just continuing to complain about the problem. I probably need something to push me to get a manuscript done. If I HAVE TO do it for a class I will be forced to me motivated maybe. There are always more important things to do when I don't HAVE TO do it (like homework). OMG - I just had a great idea for a play. Seriously, it would be a great show and people would come to see this show. I will not share it now because I may actually write this one. Best thing - IT"S ORIGINAL! A musical maybe but I can only do the lyrics and may have to turn to somebody else for the music (BE READY ERIC SOLFISBURG!)

I had better end because I think you likely stop here for a quick in-out-in-out and I have started to turn this into a cuddling thing. Also, I have to start some laundry and get the kitchen tidied-up. I will try not to get as much sleep for next time. I took two Benadryls for the first time in a long time and it caused me to get seven hours of sleep and that is about twice as much as this old mind is used to. Thanks a lot for making it this far in the blog - that's why I love you so much. Have a great April 2nd and beyond and if you have any suggestions for shows or classes I am all ears. TTTT...MITM (out and wide-awake) TA - H!

No comments:

Post a Comment