Saturday, April 6, 2013

Auntie Em It's a Twister, It's a Twister

I woke up from my after-work slumber (I got a whole 4 hours) and Cha Cha asked if I would like to walk to Schnuck's grocery store) with her. It's only about a mile away and I have a wedding that I have to look George Clooneyesque for within a couple of years or so for so, of course, I said "HELLSER Yeah." Off we went. First I went upstairs and grabbed my large Army backpack. There's no use trying to carry several plastic planet-killing bags in the 40-mph wind and, though we usually get the paper bags, it would make no sense. So off we went. On the way there we passed the lake (it's really just a retention pond I guess but morons do fish in there even though there are "no fishing" signs all around it and ducks and geese and an occasional swan do hang out there) and came up to an older man and his dog. I am a magnet for people but maybe they all say the same thing when I actually say "hello." I guess that is an invitation to speak so I am to blame I suppose. Maybe that's why the lady who lives across the street (remember we live in a cul-de-sac) never talks or even waves back to any of we neighbors. She just marches around with a scowl on her face. Anyway, when we approached the man he remarked how his dog was trying to catch the rabbits. The dog was leashed but came right up and smelled my crotch. I wonder how he liked my watermelon-flavored edible panties? I just let him smell away. I used to stop dogs from this but for some reason now this time I didn't care. Anyway the man told us he was a rescue dog. This meaning the man adopted him from a rescue shelter. The dog had been abused which was very odd because the dog was very friendly and seemed to love being petted. The man said the dog's name was Buck. He was named Buck because he had been shot-up with buckshot by the former owner. So we met Buck and went on our way. We went to the store to get Cha Cha's Pellegrino and Perrier and several other things and decided to eat lunch at the store. They have a salad bar and a place to eat at the front of the store so, I got salad and Cha Cha got soup. Then we went home. I weighed the backpack when we got home and I had gained 19.8 pounds to my back. Taking it off made me want to lose 20 pounds even more. 20 pounds makes a real difference.

As we approached the house out neighbor Dan asked, "is that your fascia in the tree?" We looked up about 30 feet and there was gray fascia in the tree. We walked the perimeter of the house and sure enough - wind damage about 25 feet up .Now I have to wait until the wind dies down to get the fascia out of the tree and see about repairing the house. Maybe I will just say "State Farm Find Me Money" and let them worry about it? I am now an official certified weather spotter now so I knew this was gonna happen. Don't ask me for the top-secret National Weather Service (NWS) phone number because I have been sworn to secrecy. I wasn't actually sworn but they said not to share it with anybody so I am sorry, I pretty-much do what I am told. I also do take this very seriously becasue the life I save could be yours. If you see crazy weather just let me know and I will spot it for you and make the call if necessary. It's a NWS thing you wouldn't understand.


Hey, the St. Louis Cardinals and the San Francisco Giants are playing on television. Looks like last year's National League play-offs. I guess that is why this one is on television huh? Love me some Cardinals' baseball. Maybe I will lie down and fall asleep watching the game to increase my four hour sleep depth.
On April 9th I am voting for Marilyn Parker for Dekalb school board. I don't know much about her except her photo looks like she is nice and her granddaughter just came to the door and gave me a flier and said with a great big smile, "my grandmother is running for school board and you can pick people and the election is on April 9th." I looked at the photo and saw that she looks nice and said, "tell her I will vote for her." She got a big smile and said, "thank you." I really will vote for her because I said that I would. I really hate when the doorbell rings though; I always wonder "who in the Helser wants something this time?" Sometimes I don't even answer the door but for some reason I did this time and now I have to keep my word to a, I am guessing between 12-15-year-old, African American girl that I will vote for her grandmother. Even if I do not vote for anybody else on the ballot and I am running short on time I will make my way to the church over by us where we vote and drop a bean for Marilyn Parker. It's actually check a box or put a stylus on the box or whatever the method of voting is this time around. I always vote because if I don't vote I feel that I don't have right to complain and my friends don't have the opportunity to blame me when my candidate makes an error.

I really with I had chosen the dragon fruit Vitamin Water Zero instead of the acai-blueberry-pomegranate one.

The new Dirty Laundry Podcast is up at that link and on iTunes. It's hard to believe we have none 106 shows. I wonder when it will end. I am supposedly going to live for about 49 more years so I guess that is a ballpark of how long it will continue. I listened to most of the show last night and did not relize how many controversial topics we discussed even though we dealt with them in our light-hearted manner. I really love the podcast. It is probably one of the top 20 things I am proud of in my life. I would say number 18.

I have to get s few winks now. I am going to try to go to dinner with Cha Cha and The Lost ock and The Found Sock if I feel I can juggle it all. If I sleep fro two hours that will raise the bar to six total and mybe that will be enough to handle 7.5 hours of complete chaos later? We'll see how I feel and if I can actually fall asleep. Wish me sleep. TTTT (maybe but more likely Monday)...MITM (not gonna proofread this just heading OUT) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment