Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Blog

It's been almost a week since I last blogged; where does the time go? I just blog when the feeling arises and I guess nothing arose since last Thursday. For whatever reason something arose just now so here I blog. I think it's actually more about time than it is a feeling. This is my weekend (Saturday) so maybe that makes a difference too.

I always say I am not very political but I think that is sort of changing. I am actually kind of excited to watch the first Presidential Debate tomorrow night. Like many other things, I am not really sure why it is going to be on every network. I have sided with one particular party since I can remember mainly because I believe in more things that they say and stand for even though I know that when it comes down to it I think all politicians are mainly out for themselves. There would have to be something really earth-shattering thing to happen for me to change who I plan on voting for....(hint, it's the same person I voted for last time). I think the reason I say that I am not political is that I am not really interested in being up on all of the issues and I am more of an issue person than a hard-and-fast party person. That's the main reason I think these debates are, though entertaining to watch politicians act like children, are pointless. People already know who they are going to vote for. What kind of snacks do you have for a debate game?

I feel pretty good about myself today; I think I actually saved somebody's life last night. No kidding, I think I actually saved a person's life. I will never really know for sure because who knows is she would have died had I not shown up but I at least helped her. Isn't it nice that when I have something really blog-worthy I have to be so vague but that's the life in a fast-paced, slam-bam, livin' on the razor's edge, laughing in the face of death world of blogging.
More famous than Dracula?

This week's Dirty Laundry Podcast is up and it is an actual World Premiere of an album that was released today. We spoke to the performers (Forest Sun and Ingrid Serban) a couple of days ago and synchronized the release of the album with the uploading of the podcast. We actually had the album a week ago or so and played a few songs from the album on the podcast, with permission, prior to the release. They are really nice people with incredible talent. I love their music. I would tell you more but then it would take the fun out of listening to the show. It's not only about music... there's also quite a bit of talk about travel (Ingrid is from Transylvania and they just got back from a six-month tour of Europe). This is the month of Halloween so a great time for the hometown of the most famous vampire of all time (all time means all time when you talk about vampires).

I have to get dinner done. Tomorrow Cha Cha and I are going to go to turn in the title for Splenda's car. I don't know if I talked about her accident here or just on the podcast but after about a month the insurance company finally decided to total-out the car. We get to go pick up a check for a little over $9,000 which I was surprised to get that much. Splenda should be able to find a decent car for that in Southern Illinois I would think. Have a great night. I may blog tomorrow while I am watching the debate. TTTT?...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment