Saturday, October 27, 2012

Frankenblog!

Fabio just can downstairs looking like a marionette puppeteer with his black socks and his black shorts and his black long-sleeved turtleneck shirt. He said that "nobody wears turtlenecks anymore" so he and his friends decided to get turtlenecks and try to bring them back on "Turtleneck Tuesdays." I think that is awesome. Don't worry I have my antennae up for anything cultish...

Supposedly there is something brewing on the east coast that they are calling "Frankenstorm." Everything needs a P.R. name these days. Hurricane Sandy may combine with a tropical storm and a winter storm to potentially be a one-of-a-kind storm in history. They are saying that it could be the worst storm in the history of mankind. Worse than locusts? We feel we have to sensationalize everything these days. I won't be surprised if the Frankenstorm gets corporate sponsorship before all is said and done. I know it's great that we can be prepared for this sort of thing but everything has to be a media extravaganza. Within the next week or so we will see some morons standing outside in 100 mile per hour winds with rain pouring down so hard that we cannot hear what they are saying but they will be out there showing us something. Mainly showing how stupid they are to stand out there in what they call the worst storm since Noah built a boat. Maybe the should call the storm Hurricane Lon (Chaney, Jr.) or Hurricane Boris (Karloff).

I feel much better but I am still a bit stuffed-up. I slept for about four hours when I got home from work and will try to get four or five more before I head back for more Halloween weekend fun.

Last night I made a nice chicken parmesan and some rotini for my housemates and they decided they would rather order pizza. I don't even eat chicken and worked for over an hour to make a nice dinner and there the plated dinners still sit on the counter. I had some of the pasta and it was delicious. In the words of every mother in the history of time one time or another, "why do I even bother?" I wish I had an address of someone needy in the world I could mail these to. Tonight let it peanut butter for all I care. Then, to top it off (pizza pun intended), they ordered pizza rather than cooking one of the dozens of frozen pizzas we have in the freezer. When did I become my parents? Weird Cha Cha just got home and she went right into the kitchen and warmed up some of the chicken parmesan for her lunch. Tell me that there is no blogging karma.
I am getting really stuffed up again.

I have always thought that Hershey's should call their chocolate syrup Hershey Squirts. You may as well go with it. Maybe it doesn't seem very appetizing but times have changed.

I need to call this a wrap. I have to try to sleep and try be able to breath through my nose. I hope your weekend goes well. I will probably blog Monday so until then, keep your feet on the ground even if Frankenstorm arrives before the. TTTM...MITM (xoxo)

No comments:

Post a Comment