Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Hypothetical Karma is Gonna Get You?

It just dawned on me....what if Super Storm Sandy (the artist formerly known as Hurricane Sandy)  is what the Mayans saw? What if this is the beginning of the end? Could this be the beginning of the deterioration that ends on December 22nd? More importantly, is it "the Mayans" or "the Maya?" It sounds like they were pretty spot-on on the destructive power of these three weather systems colliding. I feel bad for these people out east. I have always wanted to live on the ocean but at times like this I am happy I am Matt In The Middle and not Matt On The Left or Matt On The Right.

OK, here's a hypothetical situation that I want you to tell me your thoughts on. Let's say, hypothetically, that your son (let's call him Gobio) wants an XBox 360 game that's hypothetically called Assassin's Ceed III that just came out today. You decide to go to Wal-Mart and get the game while he is in school with his money per his request. As long as you're there you decide to buy some groceries. During the course of your shopping you go to the electronics department and get the game. The person asks "do you have more shopping to do" to which you reply in the affirmative. He puts the game in a hard case that, you imagine, would set off alarms at the front of the store if you tried to exit with the game still in this case. You go to the checkout and pay for your stuff and leave. When you get home you look at the receipt to see how much Gobio owes you and discover that the game is not listed and you paid, let's say $24.68, for all of your groceries and the $60 game. The game was not listed on the receipt, hypothetically. The game is there no longer in this tough case but you were not charged for the game. Was this good karma for you? Was this bad karma for Wal-Mart? Will there be karma taken from your account later? Is karma bologna? Is this stealing? Should you check what you're signing before you sign because next time you could be charged too much rather than too little? Just wondering your thoughts on this purely hypothetical tale. Hypothetically.

I just searched for something to add here and I found a story about how Sir Paul McCartney said that Yoko Ono is not to blame for the breakup of The Beatles. Is it karma that I write about karma and there is a story about a dude who wrote a song called Instant Karma. Is that instant karma? Sir Paul said John was already drifting away before Yoko came on the scene. Good karma on ya Paul!

This is my Friday night now and after I go to sleep and wake up this afternoon/evening it will be my Saturday morning. Cha Cha and I are going to record the Dirty Laundry Podcast tonight and if you listened to last week's show you heard me struggle through it pretty sick. This week, if she's able, you'll hear Cha Cha struggle though it the same way, Poor Cha Cha.

I have to get to sleep. Hey, did you hear that New Jersey Governor Chris Christie, one of Mitt Romney's biggest supporters, is praising President Obama for acting quickly in helping his state with the recent Super Storm? I think the Republican Party is not going to be very happy with Christie. Okay, now I really have to get some sleep. Thanks a lot for being here. I hope you have a great day. If you're out east and need a place to stay for awhile drop me a line. I hypothetically have some karma to pay back. TTTT (listen to the podcast in the meantime)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment