Wednesday, October 17, 2012

OOOOOOO Blog's On Fire!

Is October National Pistachio Month or something? I love pistachios but I am getting tired of seeing commercials about them. Maybe it's time to bring back singing raisins.

I have never been a Bruce Springsteen fan. I know I am in the minority (again) but I like what I like and don't what I don't. Some of his songs are good. Some one in Major League Baseball (MLB) really likes him though because every game I have watched this year I have heard one of his new songs about "this train" or something. Play Glory Days again....that's a good one. I don't know all of the lyrics of the song are but there has to be a better song for the post-season. Now, since the Indians and the Reds are out for the season "The Boss" is travelling around Ohio with Bill Clinton campaigning for President Obama. It sounds like Ohio is one of the states that will be deciding who wins the election...THE SWING STATES! Shouldn't they get Brian Setzer to do it. The Brian Setzer Orchestra are more swing music that Springsteen. I just Setzer's website and they are busy...they are so busy that they are even playing Peoria in December. I have a feeling that Springsteen has more pull with the people than Setzer anyway so maybe it's a better thing for The Prez. I may have to think my official stance on The Boss. Cha Cha loves him. I'm On Fire is pretty good too.

Those last two paragraphs were written two days ago. Sometimes I write a paragraph here and there when something strikes me and then I will add when I get a chance. I have a chance now because I have been up for 3 1/2 hours since 2:30AM. I am already showered and such and now it's just time to wait.

I am in a melancholy mood. I will be very busy today once the floodgates open so I will snap out of it in no time. That's why it's always better to keep busy because then you don't have time to feel that way. Keep distracted.

I saw a little bit of the Presidential Debate last night (like maybe the last 15 - 20 minutes) and from what I saw and from what I have read and heard this morning it seems like this round goes to The Prez! I think there's one more debate. I am not sure but I think there is.

I cannot believe the Detroit Tigers are up three games to zero against the Yankees. I won't be surprised if they beat them but I am surprised that they are up three to zero. The Cardinals, who are my favorite baseball team in case you are new and live in a cave (I am jealous about the cave thing), are tied one game to one against the San Francisco Giants. They play this afternoon and I doubt that I will be able to see any of the game unless the day goes much better than I anticipate. I usually expect the worst on days like this and then I am not disappointed no matter what happens.If the Cardinals and the Tigers go to the World Series it will be a repeat of the 2006 fall classic. Fabio and I went to one of those games. It was the funnest baseball game I have ever been to. I never thought I would ever get to go to a World Series game and then to go with my son and see our favorite team win...how can that be topped? The only way would have been if all four of the MIDDLE family would have been able to go.

It looks like Prince Fielder made a better choice than Albert Pujols; Prince left the Brewers to go to the Tigers and the post season and Pujols is sipping iced tea by a pool somewhere. I still like Albert but wish he were still a Cardinal.

I am done. The melancholy is taking over again and I don't want this to turn blue. Go Cardinals! Go this day! Thanks for stopping in and for letting me pass a little time; you have always been one of my best therapists! TTT (who knows when)...MITM (gone but not forgotten). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment