Friday, October 5, 2012

Some of We Best Authors are from the MIDDLEwest

Why is a big sell for a movie the line "based on a true story?" I actually watch films sometimes to escape my true story. The Wizard of Oz is a pretty good story and it isn't "based on a true story." That reminds me... did you know that the book The Wonderful Wizard of Oz was written in the MIDDLEwest? Me neither until just recently. L. Frank Baum (the L was for Lyman; I see why he went by Frank) lived in Chicago at the time at 1667 N. Humboldt Blvd.. Hemmingway lived in Chicago too. Carl Sandburg, Irving Wallace, Edgar Rice Burroughs... So. Tarzan and The Wizard and The Old Man in the Sea are all from The MIDDLEwest...cool! Do you think famous author tours would be as popular as ghost tours or gangster tours? Me neither.

Today the St. Louis Cardinals are playing on television against the Atlanta Braves. I am pretty excited. It's days like these that I am happy that I work nights. Last year the Cardinals beat the Braves out for the final play-off spot and went on to win the World Series. Is it possible that this is deja vu all over again (thank you for that Yogi Berra)? Go Cardinals!!!! (MIDDLEwest domination as well as the cleanest ballpark in the majors - see the blog from two days ago). So far it's a great game; would I be blogging that if the Cardinals were losing? Probably though it is better this way so far. Jimmy Carter is there. I like him but I hope he is disappointed at the end of the game.

It seems like winter is almost here in this part of the country. I know it will get warmer for a day or two before the real winter is here but the descent weather is over. Seems like we forgot all about the summer drought except in the prices of things. It aggravates me that when things are great hey don't lower the prices for us but when things put more pressure on the suppliers they are quick to raise prices. 4-2 Cardinals on a Matt Holliday home-run. I have a Matt Holliday shirt that I plan to wear on vacation the next time I go. I guess I could just wear it Monday on Columbus Day but that isn't a holiday for this Matt since I have to work and it's not one of those days where I work and get Holliday holiday pay because it's not one of our paid holidays.

If the Cardinals continue you win I should continue to have a nice World Smile Day. This is the first year with the new wildcard game that it is a one game elimination. If the Cardinals win here they move on but if they lose they can all head to their beach houses tomorrow.

I am baking chicken, making mashed potatoes and gravy and I have already baked biscuits and I have corn on the cob cooking. Seems like good cold weather food to me. To add to the cold weather theme Fabio is going to the haunted corn maze tonight. Don't tell him but I think he is meeting a girl there. If it's true he already knows it but don't tell him that I know it.


Cardinals score again on a Braves throwing error to the plate. Happy World Smile Day! Holy crap...Cardinals score again! Happier World Smile Day!

Dinner is just about ready so I am going to eat and before you know it I will be at work. Have a great Frinight and try to stay warm if you're in the cold and try to stay cool if you are where it's warm. On second thought stay cool wherever you are. I might blog tomorrow but I might not...it will be a surprise. TTTNT (next time)...MITM (GO CARDINALS). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment