Tuesday, May 31, 2016

Blog BNB

Members of Easy Company from Band of Brothers
Last night I watched quite a bit of Band of Brothers. I have seen the entire series a couple of times. I can only comment on the things that I have seen but for all I have seen in movies and television shows Band of Brothers and Deadwood are among the best that there are.

I cannot believe it is almost 13:00. After I weighed-in today I went to Lowe's and got some more mulch. I spread three of the four bags of black mulch in the front yard and then the sky let loose (rain). I have one more bag for the front and I unloaded the four bags of brown into the garage. They may get done some time this week depending upon how accurate our weather reports are. They are calling for rain for, pretty much, the rest of the week.

Well, I did crack the 50 pounds lost mark by losing 1.2 pounds to making the total lost 50.2 this year. I still want to lost about another 30 but I am fine where I am if I even stop right here (remember the Al Sharpton discussion from yesterday?).

I am pretty sick today. I have a sore throat and a stuffed-up nose and I have aches in pretty much my entire torso. I think the sore thing may just be from the damn constant aging my body is doing. I guess the only way that is going to stop is by my body stopping all together (did you all just say that at the same time?). I guess aches and pains and stuffed-up noses and coughs just remind us that we are alive. I might take a nap after I get done writing this as Cha Cha won;t be home for another three hours or so and it is a nice rainy day on my last day of a three-day weekend. I fear, though, if I do that I will not answer the 05:00 wake-up bell on the morrow. I have always been a pretty good waker-upper and a light sleeper so I doubt that would really be an issue.

I saw a report today that we (you and I and whomever) can rent celebrity's homes through Airbnb. Airbnb is what we used for the condo we stayed in when we went to Puerto Rico a month or so ago. We were very pleased. Ironically, one of the people's homes you can rent is Aaron Paul (Jessie Pinkman from Breaking Bad that I blogged about just yesterday, I believe).  You could also rent: Kevin Jonas' New Jersey home, Denzel Washington's Malibu home, Elizabeth Taylor's Palm Springs house for a mere $598 per night,  Mickey Rooney's home in Toanga Canyon for only $220 per night, Charles Dickens' London flat (apartment) for only $134 per night (you cannot even get a hotel room for that usually), Ava Gardner / Artie Shaw's house in L.A. for just $85 per night, Bing Crosby's house in Palm Springs for $675 and John Steinbeck's writing studio in Pacific Grove, Cali for only $175 per night. There are many, many more too. For me it is all about location, location, location though it would be cool to swim in Bing's swimming pool. I am totally sold on the Airbnb thing and, on our next trip I will check and see which celebs are renting their homes at that time.

I have more to write about but I feel like even more dog doo doo than when I started writing this so I am going to lie down for a bit before Cha Cha gets home. Thank you so much for dropping by today's Airbnb (blog and bologna). If you do want to write one of the blogs I would gladly give you a great rate - do you think Blogbnb (patent/copyright/trademark... pending) would take off? Have a great week of rain in the MIDDLEwest but make the best out of whatever Mother Nature bring you. TTTSunday?...MITM (out) TA! Here comes the rain again (now you have the Eurythmics song stuck in your head don't you or is that just me?) I linked the video there for you, just in case you need a fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment