Tuesday, May 24, 2016

You Zip in, You Zip Out. It's Like Blogging in Wisconsin!

Yesterday I mowed the lawn and right now I have a sprinkler on in the front yard. I always thought it was stupid to mow and then water so I keep doing it anyway. The watering is mainly for all of the flora and fauna that reside and/or hangout there but it is just creating more work for me for next week. I suppose it is all done so things look nice and I need the lawn mowing exercise anyway.

I was happy to see the Cardinals win last night. I hope I can have a rerun of that outcome tonight. I would have preferred a day game today and a night game tomorrow rather than the night game tonight and a day game tomorrow so I could have watched them both. I will be able to see the game tonight and maybe I will just record tomorrow's game and watch it when I get home in the afternoon. The trick is not hearing a score on the radio or having someone say something before I watch the recording. The DVR version also makes watching all of the beer and food commercials optional (I opt out).

Did you know that the first spam (not the pseudo-food meat rather the unwanted message) was sent by telegraph in 1864 via Western Union? Well, it was whether you knew it or not but now you know it even if you didn't or even if you did.
 No, it was not this movie (but I like this one too) 
This morning while I rode the stationary bike for 15 miles (it took 52 minutes which probably is kinda slow maybe but remember a stationary only measure peddling and doesn't count coasting) I watched one of my very favorite movies. I am sure it would not make many people's top ten lists but we are all the same and I think people will agree that they like it if they are near my age or have a similar sense of comedy. The cast is pretty good. It has, as actors: John Candy, Harold Ramis (who also co-wrote it), Joe Flaherty, Sean Young, Timothy Busfield, P.J. Soles, Bill Paxton, Warren Oates, Dennis Quade, John Larroquette... It was directed by Ivan Reiman. I know I am forgetting somebody.. oh yeah, Bill Murray who I like in just about everything he has ever done. I am sure you know the movie I am talking about by now, right? Great movie in my warped humble opinion. I don't even to put the title here do I? Now I am really thinking about what a great actor/writer/comic genius Ramis was.

After that I went over and weighed-in and found that I have lost another 3.4 pounds over this past week. I have lost exactly 49 pounds since December 29th. If I can lose 3.0 pounds one week and 3.4 the following week I sure hope to Helser that I can lose one stinking, measly pound before next Tuesday to make a cool 50 pounds lost in just about five months. Ten pounds per month (average) seems pretty healthy I think? I will not stop at 50 but that will put some nitrous oxide back in my tank.

I have a few things to get done before I watch Cardinals' game tonight; I am sure hoping for a series sweep though I do not have tremendously high hopes of that happening. Thank you so very much for stopping by on this gorgeous MIDDLEwestern day. I wish you a pleasant rest of you day and a great night. I will probably not blog tomorrow but who knows tomorrow will bring until it arrives? TTT? (Sunday at the latest)...MITM (out) TA!

Oh yeah, in case you didn't/don't know - the answer is Stripes!

Be well. Be Happy, Be Peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment