Monday, May 16, 2016

Go Ahead, Make My Blog!

Good thing he was wearing a batting helmet (hardhat)
Happy Monday to many of you and Happy Hump Weekend Day to many of my new friends who don't even know my name and, therefore, do not know I have a blog and they are not reading this. I believe that telekinetic energy will reach them, however, and they will get the message and think they just thought of it themselves. here.

I ended-up mowing the front and back yards yesterday so I have that out of the way. I also trimmed one of the trees in the backyard of dead branches, At one point I had to take an ax and chop one of the trunks or whatever the large off-shoots of the main trunk are called. It took about 40 whacks so I called it Lizzy Borden's Mom. I was very impressed with my accuracy in the swings - I knew I played baseball for a reason. I was also very happy that I used to work in the construction industry and I was wearing a hardhat as branches were Henny Pennying all over my head. I also was smart enough to tie the branch being chopped to the tree further away from the house so said branch would not cause State Farm to up our monthly payments. I have found lately that State Farm is not as good a neighbor as they claim to be. It was not anything that caused us to lose any money or property... but I realize they are not either the Hatfield or McCoys depending on which one we are.

Tomorrow is weigh-in day and I am right where I was last week according to the scale up in this hizzy. If one pound is lost by late tomorrow morning I will have reached another lower decade in the weight world. If that happens it is only ten more pounds until a lower decade. Yesterday I mowed the lawn (front and back), Cha Cha and I walked around Wheeler Park in Geneva, we went to Menard's and did some shopping and then we came home and worked on the yard, and I trimmed a lot of dead branches off of one of our trees in the backyard and chopped one of the dead offshoots down. I loved chopping that tree. I felt like I was hitting home runs in The Polo Grounds. When I began some of the bark started raining down around me so I went into the garage and got a hardhat. Now I was the Mighty Casey (Matty Casey) at the bat (an ax) wearing a batting helmet (hardhat). I am really happy that I put that hardhat on because I would have had my bell rung at least eight or nine times. See, the past does come back to save us sometimes; had I not worked in the construction industry I would not have had a hardhat and I would have had some sense knocked into me yesterday. Incidentally, I did also tie-off the trunk I was chopping to another tree so it would not have a chance to falling into our house. SAFETY FIRST! I was really happy that I still have a pretty good swing and I could hit the sweet-spot over and over again.
Girl oh girl the day sure did get away from me. Those last two paragraphs were written at about 09:00 and it is now 17:01. In that time I shopped at four stores for various things - mainly groceries and items for the projects I have been doing for the past six hours or so. I put up a section of three foot high fence between the Tiki Room and the privacy fence. That totally encloses the area where I feed the squirrels and the birds. Jill is planting a lot more flowers and vegetation in there too and Jeff likes to dig stuff up. He was helping her dig-up and dividing her plants for this new area. I cleared away some more brush from the tree tree that I chopped down a section of. While Cha Cha and I were in Geneva yesterday Fabio cut down some more dead branches up high in that tree and tomorrow, weather permitting I may do some more batting practice and try to cut down the other dead section. It is leaning away from the house which is good. This is a much taller trunk and the girth is greater than yesterday's too. Gravity will do most of the work after I get done with my batting practice. Maybe a lightning bolt will hit it tonight and I can make my own Wonder Boy. I thought I had written about the chopping of the tree yesterday but when I added the WONDERBOY photo I realize it was from this morning writing and it is just above here. Thank goodness I have one more weekend day left to get my mind back together.

While I ate lunch (yes, it was a salad if you must know) I watched a bit of Dirty Harry, I have not seen that movie for many years and it is still a great movie. Harry Callahan has to be one of the best movie police officers ever. I have not seen many thing with Clint Eastwood that I have not liked. The westerns, Gran Torino, all the Dirty Harry films, Million Dollar Baby, Escape From Alcatraz, In the Line of Fire, Flags of Our Fathers, Every Which Way But Loose, UnforgivenTrouble With The CurveA Perfect World, Heartbreak Ridge... I am sure if I consulted that thing on the computer than lists stuff for us I would be able to add several others. He's almost always a bad asterisk in his movies - what we'd use to call a guy's guy. Those movies don;t even include the ones that he directed and produced and didn't act in.

Okay, I am going to quit for now. I am pooped and my hump weekend day is almost over. I am going to go shower and put some clean clothes on (maybe even pajamas; it's okay to sit around in my Hugh Hefner pajamas and eat a salad for dinner if I want to, right? My Playboy Bunny Cha Cha will be headed home soon too. Thank you so much for stopping by: you do a good deed every time you do because you make a fellow human being (or something relatively close to that) happy. I hope you have a great night and I will blog again Sunday which for me is tomorrow though it is difficult to figure which days are which when there are three days off. I do know that it is weigh-in day tomorrow and I am going to have lost three pounds this week (positive thinking). TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

Be well, happy and peaceful!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment