Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Bloggering Succotash!

It is 10:19 and Butkus Jeff and I just got back from our 4.35 mile jog. It was not all jog as there were too many fire hydrants on our journey; I am going to have to find a more fire hydrant-free route next time I take him with me.We just went out of the back of our subdivision and thorough our old subdivision, past our previous house, and then down the bike path back to where we started. I would have liked to have done more pavement but he did not seem interested. I will write here for a few minutes and then I will head down to the basement to ride the stationary bike for five - ten miles before I head-over to weigh-in. Supposedly I have burned 583 calories so far today according to my watch. When did our watches replace Richard Simmons, Jack LaLanne and the 20-Minute Workout?

Okay, it is 10:30 and I am heading down to do some spinning. Why did riding a stationary have to become "spinning" for awhile? Spinning makes me dizzy but riding a bike in place does not have that effect on me. Oh. well... I will be back to write more in a few hours but it should feel like nanoseconds to you. Incidentally, one nanosecond equals 1e-9 seconds but I do not know what that means. Now I am really gonna be back or I will not have time to shower before weigh-in.

I'm back like magic (not Johnson). It's 13:43 and I: weighed-in, went to the grocery store, came home, folded another load of towels and ate lunch (a salad, of course). I lost three pounds over this last week which makes just over 47 total pounds lost on this go 'round. I think I will have a parade when I have lost 50 pounds. Sadly, losing 50 won't even be quite enough for me to be happy that I have crossed the finish line but it will be on sight from there. Man, I was really quite robust - more than just pleasantly plump. Now I am really tired; I did eight miles on the bike at a pretty good pace after writing those last two paragraphs. I may take a nap though I still have many things I want to get done today.
 Sylvester Popeye or Popeye Sylvester? That is the question 

I am not hungry and I am already thinking about what I will have for dinner. I think I will have - wait for it - SALAD! I, seriously, cannot get too much salad. I realize that I would not feel the same if it weren't for giardeniera but "if it works go with it" has always been one of my mantras. I think I may try to duplicate the spinach corn succotash that I had at California Pizza Kitchen this past Sunday. I bought all of the ingredients yesterday when I was shopping and now I just have to whip them all together. I will cut a few corners to make it even more healthy: I will use olive oil instead of butter and I will used reduced-fat Feta rather than the full-fat version. I will probably work celery salt in there somewhere too I suppose. I love cooking and experimenting in the kitchen and, once I have this perfected I will share it here if I remember to do that. I cannot hear the word succotash without thinking about Sylvester (the cat) and I cannot think about spinach without thinking of Popeye the Sailor Man. Maybe I will call mine just Popeye Sylvester or is Sylvester Popeye a better name? I suppose the corn is the color of Tweety Bird too isn't it? I bet giardeniera

I have to get a few more things done now before my new four-day week begins. Thank you so very much for stopping by and letting be blather-on. I hope you have a great rest of your day though it seems a but chilly again here in the area of the MIDDLEwest. I may sneak a blog in here or there before Sunday but, if not, I will blog Sun, Mon, Tues. TTTWhenever I have blogging time...MITH (out) TA!

Be well. Be Happy. Be Peaceful.

No comments:

Post a Comment