Wednesday, May 4, 2016

I am Already Snoring I Bet

Welcome back Friend! I am happy to see you again today. May the Fourth Be With You!

It is only 12:27 and I am bushed. Bushed and petered-out and dragging donkey and plumb tuckered-out and wiped-out... you get the idea. It probably has a lot to do with just being MIDDLE-aged.

Last night after the pilot light went out on the water heater three of the household members went four or five houses to the East and took showers at Cha Cha's brother's and sister-in-law's (The Lost Sock and The Found Sock) house. I figured I would just wait until today and take another cold shower. After mowing the lawn in shorts in 47 degree weather I decided I needed a warm shower so I went over the the park district's Sports and Recreation Center and took a warm shower there. We really do take warm water for granted when the water heater decides that it is too old to carry-on. So, the plumber dude is coming back either today or tomorrow to look again and probably put in a new water heater. Another $500- $800 right after a vacation - sweet. I paid him $80 for the service yesterday but he said he will put the $80 from yesterday toward whatever he charges for the new heater and the labor.

After I took my Rec Center shower I decided to drive to my new job (where I go for orientation one week from today) and time how long it takes to drive between point B and point A and visa-versa. It took me eight minutes and 39 seconds.

When I mowed the backyard I noticed that the part of the fence that I installed about ten years ago or so was leaning slightly toward the neighbor's yard. The fence is on the property line and it is one of the swails that carries the rain water and such to the backs of the lots toward the drain sewer. I pulled the fence posts our way and bungees one to one of our trees and bungeed another one to a railroad spike that I drive into the ground. See, why I don't hire somebody else to mow my lawn? Had I not mowed the yard I never would have seen that and might have gotten missed. I also like the exercise of walking the yard mowing and weed-whacking. So, now I have to figure out how to permanently solve the fence issue. Well, nothing is permanent so I will have to find a medium-term fix.I sure am glad I had bungees and and a railroad tie in the garage.
I am trying to avoid this (our fence is imitating the Republican Party)
I heard that Ted Cruz has dropped out of the Presidential race and it appears that Donald Trump will be the Republican candidate on the ballot when it comes to election time. I would not call that a lock as The Donald has always done things that nobody could ever predict. I think the Republican Party is going to undergo some big changes as Ted Cruz is hinting that he is going to back Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton. That is probably just sour grapes after losing but it will be entertaining to see what happens next in that clown show.

I think we should have stayed in Puerto Rico. I mowed the lawn this morning in shorts because I follow the maxim that shorts should be mainly worn after Spring has sprung. That reminds me - isn't Mother's Day this Sunday? Speaking of Spring,we can use our front door again and save the electricity we were using to go through the garage most of the time. The birds' nest on our front door wreath is empty and the birds have moved-on to bigger and better things. We had been going though the garage door for several weeks while the eggs were there and then while the chicks were young. I bet they are still close because they know where their daily seed comes from. That reminds me... there is a farmhouse right across from the entrance to our subdivision and yesterday, while I was driving toward the entrance to come home, I saw four baby bunnies crossing the busy road all by themselves (probably running from Mr, McGregor's garden no doubt) and as I approached they just stopped in the road. Of course, I stopped the car and they just stood there. I put the car in park, with the hazards on, and went to get out to shoo them but, when I opened the door, they scurried away. I do not harm any living being on purpose and I save any life whenever I can - occupational and liberal hazards. Mosquitoes may be the one exception to that rule but that is only out of reflex.
That looks like the four I saw alright!

This coming Saturday will be the last Saturday that Cha Cha and I will be going to Woodstock because of my new work schedule. We are going to change our weekly trips to Geneva on Sunday evenings I think. We really enjoy our weekly trips and Geneva is much closer that Woodstock.

Speaking of rabbits, I think I am going to end now and have a salad. Salads make-up about 80% of my diet these days. I have not grown tired of them at all. There are so many ways to change salads which makes it easy to eat that way. I must say, as many salads as I eat, I think I eat even more bananas. I might also take a nap because I am plumb tuckered-out. Now that we are all showered I think I would prefer that the plumber calls and says he will come tomorrow because he got too busy today.

Thank you for stopping-by. I wish I weren't so tired and had more to write about but I am and I don't. I do have to start some laundry before I hit the rack or the couch. I wish it were warmer so I could hit the hammock. I hope you have a great rest of your day and you have an even a better night. TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment