Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Doctor, Doctor, Doctor!!!!

PREFACE - THIS ENTIRE BLOG POST WAS WRITTEN AND, SUPPOSEDLY, POSTED YESTERDAY BUT IT DID NOT SHOW UP. WHAT IS THE HOSPITAL TRYING TO HIDE? I WOULD NOT LET IT GO AND NOW THAT CHA CHA AND I HAVE BEEN HOME FOR NEARLY 10 HOURS I WILL POST IT FROM OUR HOME AND BE DAMNED THE CENSORS! BIG BROTHER CAN DEAL WITH THAT!!!!!!!!

It is 0834 and I am in Cha Cha's hospital room but, she is not here. I assume that she is somewhere else here in the medical complex having tests or something. I could walk down to the nurses' station and ask but there is no evidence that there has been any foul-play so I do not consider this a crime scene yet. I did see some saltine crumbs on this table that I am using as a desk right now but the wrapper appeared to be okay even though it was quite certainly a forced-entry. Today was, originally, the day that Cha Cha was supposed to go home but yesterday they changed the target day to tomorrow. I hope we stay on target because tomorrow is the last day of my five-day weekend. If she does not get released tomorrow I will have to figure-out whether to: take a sick day or use more vacation days or incidental time... but, that is two days away and, though I usually like to borrow trouble so I am prepared no matter what happens, I will keep that in-check until tomorrow.

Last night I watched a movie here in Jill's hospital room on their movie service on the television system here while she was getting poked and prodded. and hauled off and brought back a few times. The film was called Hello, My Name is Doris. It starred: Sally Field and Tyne Daly and Stephen Root and Peter Gallagher.. . It was released in 2015 but I had never heard of it. I would say that it was kind of a chick-flick but I am kind of a chick so I really, really liked it. Sally Field still looks amazing. I remember her from my youth (and beyond). I think of The Flying Nun and Gidget and then some of her movie roles in: Forrest Gump, Norma Rae (Best Actress Award)), Lincoln (nominated Best Actress), Smokey and the Bandit, Places in the Heart (Best Actress Award), the Spiderman movies... I am sure I am missing many but she is very talented and charming. 
I didn't realize she was wearing two pairs of glasses until now LOL
I have learned, once again, that I am a stress-eater. I have been out of control since Jill has been in here over these past few days. I suppose that comes from childhood when we were rewarded with food or soothed by food back in the 1960's and 1970's. Maybe it is also just that I don't have time to prepare food and it's easy to grab already prepared junk. There is a really nice grocery store (supermarket, if you prefer)- Hy-Vee and that makes it too convenient. Yes, there are plenty of healthy choices there but the bad ones are more fun. So far, today, I have not eaten anything which is also not a good idea because it is almost 1000 and I will be extra hungry when I finally eat. I will probably eat in the cafeteria here in the hospital because that tends to make me want to eat healthier. Jill and I used to eat breakfast here after we were done working-out at the YMCA next door. 

I just went down and got Jill two bananas and an orange. I was going to get the salad bar but they were just putting it out and the person assembling the presentation was kind of snippy and frazzled so I just got the two bananas and the orange and an iced tea for me. This place is really close to Portillo's so I may just go over and one of their chopped salads sans bacon and tibetti. It won't be as inexpensive but it will be more delicious. I will also be able to use giardiniera as my dressing. I think they should change that word to GARDENiera (trademark/patent/copyrights pending). It is mainly veggies (with olive oil - a vegetable-based product) so that makes sense. I just looked and olives are considered a fruit. Who knew - I do now. 
I said, "NO Tibetti!!!!!!"

POTENTIAL GOOD NEWS ALERT!!!!!!! The doctor just came in and said that Jill may be able to go home today since her sodium levels are back to normal. He explained to her about how to handle her sodium and water intake while working-out. She has been spending a lot of time at Anytime Fitness and I guess working-out can kill you. At least, make you go to the hospital and have countless tests and medicines and IV's... I think I mentioned it here a few days ago but Splenda sent me a text that Jill "has to be the only person in America with low salt levels." Actually, that was paraphrased so it should not have been in parenthesis but it may be exact but I am too lazy and tired to look at my phone to find and read a text. 

I am going to end now because we may get the word any moment that we need to pack and hit the bricks. I need to be a minuteman (TWSS).Thanks for stopping by and for all the support and kind words about this leg of our live-journey. I may blog again tomorrow but, if I get enough sleep tonight for a change, I may try to fix those two sections of fence before going back to work on Wednesday. I got interrupted a bit and it is now almost 1300. Jill and I went out to The Healing Garden here at the hospital. It is outside off of the cafeteria where there is a nice stream that runs down and recycles. There are lots of trees and benches as well as an area to eat outside. We just sat on a bench and enjoyed the sun and the nice weather. Splenda called to check on Jill while we were out there and I walked around a bit while they talked. 
We are waiting for the other two of the three wisemen (doctors) to make their determinations on whether or not Jill can blow this pop stand. It looks good that she will be able to go home today. Now, I am really going to end now and get this posted. Thanks for stopping in again. I really do appreciate when you do and all of the comments. I appreciate all of the support for Cha Cha's journey back to health. I apologize if I slighted anybody on details or anything but it has been crazy and Jill is a private person even though I try to make her an internet sensation. 

TTTT?. hopefully not from the hospital!..MITM (out) TA

No comments:

Post a Comment