Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Starnger Blogs!

I don't normally blog today but, as it turned-out, I lied and was unable to blog yesterday so, I am blogging today. Yesterday ended up being much more involved than I thought it would be so I ran out of time. I went to visit my parents. I visited with them for a bit and then went out and mowed their lawn. My mom is not doing very well and it breaks my heart that half of the time she doesn't even know who my dad is; they have been together since they were in high school. I will not go into too much detail about that. My dad has to have surgery at the end of this month so I will have to stay over night at their house while he is in the hospital for that one night basically to keep an eye on my mom to keep her safe. She also cannot drive so I will get her back-and-forth to the hospital. I do not know what will come of this whole thing but I plan to have some things put into writing so our kids will know what we want if similar things happen to Cha Cha and/or I. I will probably call my dad after I am done here and see how things are going.

The following week Cha Cha will have an overnight stay in the hospital with a minor surgery. She was supposed to have it a couple of days ago but they said they saw something in her blood work so she had to go see her doctor. She had been told that her sodium level was low but her doctor told her that everything was fine. In fact, her blood pressure and cholesterol... were great and the doctor was very happy with her weight loss and the doctor said she seemed as healthy as she had been in a very long time.

My scheduled week (the main part) is 25% over. It was tough at the beginning as I have had a very stiff and sore next for the last three or four days so I was a bit worried. I have been taking Bayer Back and Body for the past few days and spraying Icy Hot on my neck and shoulder. I love that wintergreen scent. I think I just slept on my neck wrong one night and keep aggravating it again every night. Anyway, it ached for awhile this morning but it feels okay right now.

Sunday, Monday and Tuesday Jill and I spent several hours binge-watching a show on Netflix (a Netflix original series).  It is called Stranger Things. We watched three episodes on Sunday, three on Monday and then the the final two last night. That was season one and we are ready for whenever they come with season two, Obviously, we liked it a great deal. The only criticism is that Winona Ryder over-acted a bit for my taste. I would say it is a cross between Stand By Me and The Goonies and The X-Files and E.T. and quite a few other movies like that. Another bonus - a member of club I belong to, The Handsome Matts Club. is in the movie - Matthew Modine.  The second season of the show has not been announced yet but it will be announced eventually - you read it here first. Netflix has also just added several older movies that I will watch again. I am a big fan of Netflix as I am guessing you have surmised.

Stranger Things - highly recommended 

I will be right back. I stopped and watered the flowers in the backyard and set-up the sprinkler for the flowers in the front yard. I have to move the sprinkler to get the other half of the front. Be right back to wrap this up. It is almost 19:00 already and I get up early these days (at least until Sunday). BRB.

Okay, now I will wrap-up so I can figure dinner out before I go to bed. Thanks for stopping by - maybe I will blog again tomorrow? Isn't it always nice to be on the edge of your seat? TTT?????...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment