Monday, August 8, 2016

Thank Goodness It's Monday!

Happy Monday!!!! Only someone who has Mondays off would say something like that I suppose.

Today our house graduated to becoming a bush (no political jokes to follow). If you follow me on Facebook (which I have limited myself to and hope to continue to do so) you may already know what I am referring to. A week or two ago a bird (a baby Cardinal) was loose in the house. That was the bird in the hand (or house) and today I went downstairs and there was another bird (baby Robin I believe) trying to fly through the window to get back outside. Both birds were showed the door and they safely flew the coop. They are not skillfully using their opposable bird feet fingers to jimmy the door handles. We leave a door open for Jeff to get in and out of the backyard while we are home and apparently Jeff has exposed the secret entrance to the Matt Cave to his fine feathered friends. You would think, since they managed to find their ways into the house, they would be able to show there own ways out. I suppose that is where the term "bird-brained" comes from?

Last night Cha Cha and I watched The Night of as we have been doing on Sunday nights for the past five Sundays (that is more than a month of Sundays isn't it?). Jill had not watched last weeks because she was losing interest. I convinced her to watch last week's and, after doing so, she agreed that it is much better. The first three weeks were laying a lot of groundwork for what was and is yet to come. Happily. she agreed that it has gotten much better with the groundwork laid. SO, after she watched last week's (and I re-watched last week's) show we watched this week's show. John Turturro's role has grown more and more and that makes a world of difference. I would say he is one of my top ten or twenty actors of all time. Some of the other characters have developed too and the show is really good. It sounds like it may only last one season unless they decide to do a new season with a different story. I am fine with it ending and it just being like a really long movie broken-up into several parts.
 I guess John Turturro must read the blog, huh? 

I just got done sorting-out Fabio's college bills and getting him back on the right track financially. He has the money in his college fund account (less now than when he day began) but he was kind of getting bullied by the school he is attending. I am not saying that they were wrong but he is still young and a bit naive in the ways of the world. It would be awesome if we were born with the skills and abilities that we accrue on our journeys to death. I suppose parents are the ones who help us learn and develop those skills and abilities aren't we? We have to teach our children not to fly into a strange house and flap their winds at a window unable to get out. There isn't always going to be a kind person there to help you back to the trees and your nest.

I am in Cha Cha's office writing the blog at her desk. I feel like I am back in the old days when I wrote news stories for newspapers and radio and television. I think I may start to do some free-lance writing again. I never even minded to do the mundane things like going to village board meetings (yes, they should have been called BORED meeting most of the time). There is something of writing at a desk that makes it seem more legitimate than writing with the computer on your lap. There are less distractions this way too. I am not saying the things I write will be any more comprehensible or relevant but I bet my shoulders and such won't ache as much.

 I believe many of things are very accurate (based on my own personal experience) 
Tonight Jill and I will head to meditation. Then, tomorrow, I will go over and mow my parents' lawn and take them to the stores they need to get to. I will try to work a blog in there too. I mowed our front lawn yesterday and will try to get to the backyard today. Jill was planing stuff yesterday and I didn't want to throw grass and stones and mulch all over from the mower who does not seem to have any respect for humans.

I am going to end now because I still have several things I need to get done before we head to the temple (and maybe fish tacos in Punxsutawney?). I hope you have a great day. I just checked my list and I have to pick-up our Kathleen Madigan tickets and pick some meds at Walgreen's. I have some things to get at a few stores on the other side of town too. I will try to blog again tomorrow. I wish I had the nerve to write about a lot of things that will surely happen tomorrow but my heart is bigger than my nerves so I will not be able to do that. STUPID HEART!

TTTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment