Thursday, August 25, 2016

I Don't Feel Indentured

Some times "TTT???..." means tomorrow which, now, is today because I am blogging today.

As predicted I am "scheduled-up" to work one day of my weekend. It doesn't really MATTer that they call it schedule-up when it is, in fact, forced overtime. I prefer indentured servitude but, instead of working on a tramp steamer to earn my fare to the new world. I actually get paid (time-and-a-half). So, this week I was penciled black-markered in  to work Tuesday. But, as I wrote yesterday, Cha Cha is having surgery on Monday and I am the bag man so I need to be available Monday for the drop and Tuesday for the bag swap (please don't tell her that I called driving her home "the bag swap"). Fortunately someone else wanted off Tuesday and drew the Sunday straw. So, we swapped his Sunday for my Tuesday. I am curious how many weeks this will continue. I am considering putting in for the three 12-hours shifts rather than the current four ten-hour shifts that I currently work. If I out in for that, and get it, I would work my three 12's and then, if shifted-up, I would work an additional 10. Additionally, the thee twelves makes two dollars more per hour to compensate for the few extra hours. But, when I worked the extra ten hours of overtime those would be at the extra two dollar rate at time-and-a-half. I have lots of thinking to do. I like my job and I wull make it work but just want to tweak it a bit.

I am really tired and am thinking about taking a little nap before Cha Cha gets home. Of course, I am watching The Andy Griffith Show on TVland as I do most days when I get home. This show really relaxes me for some reason- it is comfort food without the calories. I wonder why nobody shows Family Affair - I really like that show as a yute. It was even better because Mr. French (Sebastian Cabot) narrated all of the Winnie The Pooh movies/shows. He was also Bagheera (the panther) in The Jungle Book. I think he was probably a really nice man; I would have liked to have known him.

I am pretty hungry but my feet hurt too much to carry me downstairs to get some food. I wonder if I could text someone to deliver me something up here. It would probably work better if anyone else were here. Mr.French would bring me something if he were here.

Well, I really have nothing else on my mind and I may take a nap and just dream about food and that my feet don't ache. I sort of feel like this is a waste to post but I have written it and a blog in the web is worth two in the computer I suppose.

Thanks a lot for letting me relieve some stress and allow my dogs to start panting rather than barking. Maybe I will write again tomorrow but I will try to find more substance if I do. TTT? (just one question mark this time)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment