Sunday, August 7, 2016

Brace Yourself! The Blog is Coming!

My weekend has begun and, for the most part, that means doing much more than the craziness of the rest of the week. I want to mow the lawn right now but it is 08:14 on Sunday morning so I doubt the surrounding neighbors would appreciate my sentiments. I will call my dad later this morning and decide what is the best day for me to take them on their errands and mow their lawn. I am happy that it is not winter and shoveling snow would be included; mowing lawns is much more appreciated. I do admit that three days in a row make for a better weekend though.

I am happy to have the three days off to let my mild injury heal. When I say "mild injury" I am talking about the aches and pains of repetitive motions that cause old age soreness. I think I will buy some shares of Icy Hot and Bayer Back and Body later today.

I am watching Ghostbusters on the television right now (the movie is on the television I am not). The original one that I am watching is so much better than the one that was recently at theaters though I did enjoy that one. I wonder if part of that is the sentimentality of seeing the old one when I was still courting Cha Cha. I think we probably watched it while we were at Southern Illinois University unless it was a summer or Christmas release. I could look that up but what difference would it make as far as the blog is concerned?
 Ba Da Dot Dot Da - we're bloating you! 
I usually look at what is going on in the news to get ideas to write about but I am sure I would just see things about politics and The Olympics. I am done with politics until election day and, given the two "choices" we are left with, I have made my choice and very little could change that decision. As far as the Olympics I think the last time I was interested in the games was in the 1970s or 1980s when McDonald's gave free food if you had the corresponding game piece. Only in America could we turn something that showcases the best amateur athlete sin the entire world into people winning food items that could promote childhood obesity and diabetes and hypertension and any number of diseases and ailments that the pharmaceutical industry is still capitalizing on.

Speaking of food - we'll probably be back at Fatty's this afternoon listening to live music (I hope the band with the tuba player will be there again). Is it ironic that we go to a place called Fatty's and I have a salad and iced tea? And, of course, we bring our own salad dressing (giardeniera).

Me and me mates - I am third from the right, obviously
Cha Cha's birthday is in five days and then, a month after that, we head to "bright light city gonna set our souls, gonna set our souls on fire." Jill is so excited to see John Fogherty and I am happy to get a few hours of work in at Thunder From Down Under mate! If you're near Excalibur the second week of September drop me a line and I save you a couple of seats in the sweat-catching section.

I am gonna end now and start me regular day ( maybe after watching the rest of Ghostbusters). Thank you for stopping by. I am not sure when (time) I will blog tomorrow and Tuesday but I will; it all kind of depends upon when and where my services are at what time. Have a great day and enjoy what appears to be a nice day. Maybe 'll see you at Fatty's? TTTT...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment