Sunday, August 14, 2016

Prepare to be Whelmed!

Read slower today because I am typing slower and I want you to get the whole experience of that.Why am I typing slower? That is very kind of you to ask. I was working on a project with a razor knife and I nearly cut my left thumb off. Do I exaggerate a bit? Perhaps but it is a very deep cut and right on the joint so going for stitches would be futile. I will just keep it taped-up and let my body do what it is supposed to do. Deep cuts always make me think of Maurice "Mo" Wanchuk in the movie Slapshot. I know that photo up there is of the Hansons and not of Mo but they are the best part of that movie though Paul Newman is pretty damn good.

Typing "Paul Newman" made me think about the list I was working on of my favorite actors. I gave up on that list because I like so many male and female actors that I could not list a top ten or even a top 25. Even if I broke the list up into genres I don't think I could do that. I like so many different actors and I know I would leave out some and then regret my list later.

I have still not watched one moment of the Olympics. I did read about the backlash that American (United States) decathlon champion Ashton Eaton is receiving for rooting for his wife, Brianne Theissen-Eaton, who is the number one ranked heptathlon athlete in the world. The problem, according to the booers, is that she is competing for Canada. The USA and Canada (who share 2/3rd's of North America) cannot even root for each other even if their athletes are married to one another? Americans can be such butt holes sometimes but I am sure that can be said of anyone in the world. 
Sorry - I had to break there for a few minutes so Cha Cha and I could take a bike ride. Jeff always goes with us (he is actually usually the reason we go). 

I think Fabio and I are going to see Sausage Party tonight; I guess the title Sausage Fest would have been too much to live up to? I imagine it will be really stupid but he wants to see it and none of his friends want to see the movie so I guess I made either the B or the C team. I am not expecting too much from the movie but those are the ones that I have, on occasion, liked the most. You cannot be underwhelmed if you don't expect to be whelmed in the first place. How come nobody ever uses the word "whelmed?" It's all about the over or under with being whelmed. Being Matt in the MIDDLE I am happy just being plain whelmed. I am surprised that Adam Sandler isn't in this film - it totally seems like his modus operandi.

I am going to Fatty's for lunch today before the movie. I have to go or I will miss them all yelling "NORM!," I mean "Matt!" when I walk. I know my buddy Mike will be there. I already know I will have iced tea and the Chicken Corn Cobb Salad with no bacon; pretty weird for a guy who is going to see a movie entitle Sausage Party, huh? I will also take my own Splenda (the sweetener not the person). Splenda, the person, is going to Chicago for her second job interview in the city and Cha Cha is going with her for moral support and company and chauffeuring. Splenda was going to go alone but Cha Cha offered to go and then she will be able to see the place that Splenda and Andy looked at yesterday (apartment) when Splenda had her job interview at a different place. She will be moving to Chicago soon as they put a deposit down on an apartment yesterday. One constant about our house is change. 

The Cubs and Cardinals play the fourth game in this current series tonight while I am at Sausage Party. The Cards won yesterday but the Cubs won the first two of the four-game series. I think it is great for the Chicago (north side) fans that the Cubs are doing well this year. I just hope they don't get used to it. I have been predicting a World Series soon for the Cubs for the past few years but I am still not completely ready for it. I have not predicted a World Series championship though; I am pretty sure (82%) I will never predict that.

Tonight is also the night of The Jim Gaffigan Show and The Night Of. Thanks goodness for the old double DVR! And, thank goodness for having tomorrow off though I will probably go to my parents tomorrow to do the lawn and the running-around and then Cha Cha and I will head to The Twilight Zone (Woodstock, Illinois) tomorrow night to The Blue Lotus Buddhist Temple for meditation. We are going to try something completely different for dinner tomorrow since we were so disappointed last week. 

I am going to end now and get some more things done around the house. I may even take a tiny. teenie-weenie (Sausage Party tie-in), itsy, bitsy, little nap. Have a nice rest of your day.  I will try to squeeze a blog in tomorrow as I know you are dying for a review of Sausage Party. TTTT (probably)...MITM (out) TA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment