Friday, September 2, 2016

It's All Starting to Catch Up with Me!

I am gonna blog right now because I am home alone and I am not sure if  will have a chance to write again in the next few days. Sunday is my best chance and I think I will be able to write again that day, Cha Cha is either in Chicago or on her way back in Friday rush-hour traffic. 40% of our household (Splenda and Andy) moved to Chicago today and Cha Cha went to guard the truck while they moved into their new apartment. I would have loved to help but I had to work. They will be missed in the house but birds have to build their own nests and make their own ways in the world. We will always be close if they need us. I am sure all parents feel that way on days like this.

Believe it or not I have Sunday off of work. You may remember that the last two weeks saw me working an extra twelve hours on Sundays. I traded with others to work those Sundays so I could have the days off to help with my dad's surgery and Cha Cha's surgery and to drive my parents around for their medicines and groceries and blood tests... This week we are "scheduled-up" two days and I drew having to work Sunday and Tuesday. I really wanted to have one day to spend with Jill so I traded a guy my Sunday (forgetting that it is Memorial Day and Jill will be home) to work for him Monday so I now have Sunday off to spend with my lovely best friend. I also get the overtime pay plus  vacation hours for working Memorial Day and I get my day-off with Jill. I will still would get paid the holiday pay for not working I just will not get the vacation hours. Then I will work: Monday and Tuesday for 12 hours each and then Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday for ten hours each. On Thursday I will find out which TWO DAYS I will have to work next week in addition to my four tens. I am told that these two "staff-up" days will continue through September, October, November and probably the first couple of weeks of December. I am not sure how much I will be able to take. I think I get out of the two days on the week of our vacation when we are in Las Vegas. Maybe we will hit a big slot and just not come back for awhile? I must say that I am slightly disgruntled. I was pretty gruntled just a few weeks ago and my gruntlement level has really changed. Cha Cha is very disgruntled but I think her gruntlement has more to do with her worrying about me and my health and being so tired. I can handle it!
I know what we can do with the newly vacated bedroom. Benjamin needs a room

I feel bad because my dad has a doctor's appointment on Tuesday but he says he can drive himself. I cannot be in charge of the whole world all the time even though I am a do-gooder!

Speaking of building nests - I paid the second (and final for this year) our property taxes online. How can our property taxes be so expensive ($6696 this year)? They were actually less this year than they were last year. I really do need to hit it big in Vegas.

I am really, really, really tired. I woke-up this morning at 03:30 and it's 17:38 right now. I just "fell awake!" I may try to take a nap before Jill gets home but, if I do that, I will not be able to sleep all the way until 05:00.

I am loving this cooler weather. I could live like this all year 'round. I suppose this is what it is like to live in San Diego?

I have to go clean the kitchen before I pass-out again. I may fit a blog in on Sunday though I am sure Jill will spend my one day off doing something fun like, maybe, sleeping?

Thanks for letting me gripe and complain... That makes you a do-gooder too - I mean that as a good thing. I find do-gooding as a strength and a great character feature. Have a great whatever night this is (Friday I think) and have a nice Saturday. Tomorrow will be a good day for me because I only have to work ten hours and then I get one day off before I work two twelves and then four tens and probably two more twelves right behind that. I suggest you buy a OUIJA board so I can blog to you the following week. TTTSunday?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment