Tuesday, September 27, 2016

The Way To Really Blog!

I finally have time to blog again so here I am.
 The way to really fly 

Sunday Cha Cha and I went to Chicago via the train(s) to visit Splenda and Andy. The $8.00 weekend train pass is awesome. We went from Elburn to Ogilvie Station in Chicago and then took the train to Ravenswood. It was a very nice day.

I just spoke to my dad and he needs to have surgery again on October 10th; he is having some minor issues with his heart and the way that it is beating. I am normally off on Mondays (which October 10th is) but I don;t know if they will do the mandatory overtime again. I hear rumors that we will be doing mandatory overtime (staff-up) from October until January or sometime there abouts. Since he will be staying in the hospital overnight I will have to sleep at their house again because my mom cannot be alone. I will try to find out tomorrow out if anyone knows anything about those days but I imagine nobody knows anything yet. I suppose there is a service where someone could come into their home fro things like this but I will check my work options first. It would be nice if my brother didn't live in Hawaii and could help with some of these things but it is what it is. I hope dad doesn't pass-out in the driveway again but I will be more prepared for that this time. I will take my superhero cape with me again just in case.

Today I went to weigh-in and I lost 0.8 pounds - that is exactly the same amount I had gained last week after we got back from Las Vegas (after I had worked-out a lot to get back to that close). So, I am at 69 pounds lost again and I need to get that one pound off so I can reach 70 pounds lost. I WILL get that pound (and, hopefully, more) by next Tuesday. The past two weeks I rode the bike in the basement like Dave Stoller to get back to where I am again. I rode 25 miles yesterday and 20 miles this morning. I am going to really watch my food intake this coming week so I will not have ride like a maniac just to break even again. I have to go with what got me this far. While I rode today I watched Braveheart; I am happy I have so many DVD's to get my mind off of the miles. Maybe I should get Breaking Away? I might feel like I was in the film and push even harder.
Our 2016 first Presidential Debate watching team!
Last night was the first televised Presidential Debate between Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton. Cha Cha and I went next door to our friend Phyllis' house to watch the debate with here. I made a red, white and blue fruit platter to take with us. I used blueberries, strawberries, raspberries, blackberries (which are really blue but that name was already taken by blueberries), watermelon wedges and then I added two small bowls of Cool Whip Lite (ka-ching)for the white. I almost included one carrot for that orange fellow but I decided to take the high road and did not do that. Why do companies spell light lite sometimes? Do they pay their advertisers by the letter or something. I like foods that are more literate. I will not mention much more about the debate but it went pretty much the way that I figured it would go though perhaps a bit more civil than I expected. I was quite happy that it was on a night when I did not work that day or the next day.

It's a tight National League Wild Card race
Speaking of Cool Whip (ka-ching) I love how the weather has cooled-off these past few days. I see why Autumn (I prefer that word over "Fall") is most people's favorite season. I would say, being Matt in the MIDDLE, I have to like Spring and Autumn the best since they are both kind of MIDDLE temperatures rather than the extremes (Winter = cold and Summer = hot). I am wearing my red St. Louis Cardinals' hooded sweatshirt while I write this because there is no way I am turning the furnace on this soon and I am still thinking The Cards are going to win the Wild Card and go on to win The 2016 World Series. Now I sound like every Cubs' fan since 1909.

As a public service to people in the Batavia/Aurora Illinois area (or willing to drive there for work) here is a message from my buddy Greg who is a manager at the Portillo's restaurant in Batavia - "Portillos in Batavia is looking for help! p/t, f/t must be able to work nights and weekends...apply at portillos.com and click on Batavia!!!!" Tell him Matt In The Middle sent you.

Okay, I have run out of things to write about. I realize that has never stopped us before but I am going to watch Blackhat again because it just came on. I hope you have a great night and maybe, just maybe, I will write again after work tomorrow depending on how work goes. Thanks a lot for stopping by. TTTT?...MITM out - TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment