Monday, October 3, 2016

The Omega Matt

Omega Matt may be coming to a city near you soon though I hope not
Hurricane Matthew is roaring on the East Coast of the U S and A and there is a probable earthquake (an advisory as I write this) on the West Coast of the U S and A. I have been thinking a lot about how this upcoming Presidential election is tearing our country apart but I thought it was just figuratively but, as usual, I am incorrect. Our country may literally be torn apart during October. I guess I will wait to buy the Halloween candy so I can buy a few extra bottles of water to survive the upcoming natural disaster holocaust.

Cha Cha and I went to see The Magnificent Seven on Saturday night. It was a pretty good movie. I remember seeing the original as a yute but this new one is much better as movie effects have come so far since 1960. I suppose in 2050 they will remake it again and this new one will look to our descendants like the old one looks to me now. I plan to be dead when the next remake comes out (earthquake or hurricane or irresponsible voting this November).
Witherspoon does not have the same distraction or sonthing

While I am in the movie mode - am I the only one that notices that there are several actresses (actually two that I can think of) say "sonthing" rather than "something" when they talk in their movies. I know that Marissa Tomei and Gwynneth Paltrow do that for sure and it has always distracted me for a moment in while watching their films. Is it so they don't smudge their lipstick? Is it so their lips do not stick together for a millisecond? I like both of their work but that takes me out of the moment for a moment so I lost at least two moments every time they say sonthing.

I have to take a writing break to go do a quick 20 miles. I have been averaging 20 miles in about 78 minutes. I am not sure if that is quick or not but it feels like forever while I am doing it. Thank goodness for DVD's, HULU and Netflix to keep me somewhat distracted. Be back soon to you and an eternity to me.

I am done with my torture for now. I may do another ten miles or so later tonight and then do at least 20 more miles tomorrow before I go and weigh-in. While I rode today I watched There Will Be Blood on Netflix.I had seen the film before and I like it very much. It is a downer for the most part but it is very good. I could not help but make many parallels with Daniel Plainview (Daniel Day-Lewis) and a certain person who has been part of the Presidential campaign landscape of late.

It was very handy that the drier was finishing just as I came back upstairs. I was able to fold the clothes right away before they had a chance to get wrinkled. I hate when clothing gets wrinkled because I get distracted or have to leave before they are done. First wold problem I guess.

I heard the The Gong Show is going to return to ABC. Will Arnett is going to be the Executive Producer. Why are all of these old shows being reborn? Doesn't anyone have any original ideas anymore? I suppose I am just focusing on the negative. But, Steve Harvey is doing Family Feud now, Alec Baldwin is doing Match Game, $10,000 Pyramid is back on with Michael Strahan. Shouldn't that one be the $100,000 Pyramid these days with inflation? They are all on ABC too - lazy, lazy, lazy. Too bad Chuck Barris is almost 90 years old now because he was the best thing about The Gong Show. I have not heard who will be hosting Gong so I better my resumes sent off huh? I would definitely get a Gene Gene The Dancing Machine and The Unknown Comic back.

I have to run to the store to get some bird seed and a few other things so I am going to end now. I need to start one more load of laundry before I leave too. Thanks a lot for stopping by. I will blog again tomorrow but I am not sure how the blogging will work nest week. My dad has another surgery on Monday and I have to spend the night at their house to keep an eye on my mom and then pick my dad up from the hospital on Tuesday to bring him home. Hopefully this surgery will go well and bringing him home will be less eventful than last time. Have a great rest of your day and night and wish me good luck in reaching my newest goal of 70 pounds lost; I will blog the results either way tomorrow sometime after noon. TTTT...MITM (out) TA or sonthing!

No comments:

Post a Comment