Sunday, October 9, 2016

Bobby De Niro For President

Tomorrow is my dad's next surgery. He is having something called a "tee ablation ep study" and a "loop recorder implant." It sounds like they are installing (if that is the proper term) a monitor/pacemaker to make sure his heart is beating properly so he does not have a stroke or a heart attack. It is going to be a trying three days for him, my mom and me. My mom will not even know what is going on but she will stressed because she will be away from her home and her cats for quite a bit over the next few days. My dad will be the one with most of the pressure I would imagine.

I sure hope politics don't come up over the next few days because he and I are complete polar opposites when it comes to politics. He has spent too much time with millionaire bosses over the years that have washed his brain or maybe it is just that he is of the generation where the old white boys club ruled everything and that is he way that he and they believe that is the way things should be. I happen to disagree and believe we should all be treated with equal respect and rights and freedoms regardless of: religion, lack of religion, race, color, creed, gender, sexual orientation... I wish my dad could be more like Robert De Niro (see De Niro's stance on Donald Trump). I will try to avoid, and or change, the topic at all cost. He does not need to have more pressure out on him or the situation. I was supposed to work 24 hours hours overtime today and tomorrow but my bosses let me off to play chauffeur, bodyguard, EMT... for the weekend. I would have life the 24 hours of overtime but family comes first and they understood that. I told my bosses about it last week and they said they would work with be if we had to staff-up and they were true to their words; I have to appreciate and respect that.
Jill has made this comparison for years

Our neighbor Phyllis and, perhaps her small entourage, will be coming over tonight to watch the next Presidential Debate. There are many rumors and speculations that "The Donald" will not show but I do not think that will happen. This dude loves all the press and adulation and venom and hatred thrown his way; he is Charles Foster Kane. He would not miss the chance to have another world-wide audience. I think Ted Cruz is either schizophrenic or trying to get a cabinet position no MATTer who becomes President. I am so over politics.

Cha Cha and I are on the patio right now and guess what came on her Pandora again. I cannot believe how often this song comes on something while I am writing this blog. They say spirits travel through electronics (I do not believe that either though I do believe in coincidence). I have called this song the official theme song of Matt In The Middle on several occasions. I would be happy if the entire year had the weather that we are having today. It is a bit chilly but it is sunny and I still have short on but am wearing a sweatshirt.
Hurricane Matthew - Not one of the nicer Matthews in history

I mowed the lawn this morning for probably the last time this calendar year unless something wild happens in the weather department. I am not talking wild like Hurricane Matthew but like it a bit cool but sunny outside. Hurricane Matthew has been a real a-hole. I thought it was in poor taste of Saturday Night Live to make light of the hurricane situation last night. It is show that has done things like that many time over the years but even I think there are lines that should not be crossed in some cases. When peoples' lives and loved-ones and worldly possessions are in peril I believe that is the edge of the line. I have accidentally crossed those lines in times but I am not working with a group of writers and producers... in my life. I know they have the freedom of speech and expression but I would have super-sized my freedoms a bit differently I think. They do, however, have that freedom and can do as they choose.

I think I am going to end now and go do some laundry. I just didn't know when I would get a chance to write again because my parents do not have wifi at their house and I think it would be rude to mess on my computer when I am with my mom while my dad is in surgery or while we were in the hospital with him. I am not sure when I will write again but I will probably do updates of my dad's surgery... from my phone as I know some are interested in his well-being. Thanks a lot for stopping in again. TTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment