Tuesday, October 18, 2016

FREEDOM!!!!!!!!!

 Or gaining in this instance 
Hello again friend! I am happy that you're here again. I guess that makes me sound like Mr. Rogers but I mean it like I believe he meant it every time he said it too.

Well, I rode the bike this morning for 26 miles but it was still not enough to make up for my apparent poor eating over the past two weeks. I was unable to weigh-in last week because of my dad's surgery so I ended-up gaining three pounds over the past two weeks. So, the 70.2 pounds that I had lost since December 29th has now changed to 67.2 pounds lost. I know it was my fault for eating poorly while taking care of my parents and then Cha Cha being gone for work for most of last week and me eating poorly again. I only have myself to blame but I will be extra focused for this next week. I just hope I will be able to weigh-in again next week because I seem to need that third-party accountability to keep me going. Most of my life I have always wanted to perform to please others and this, I believe, is no different. So, if we are not forced to work overtime next week I will see at least a three pound loss.
I call her Roz for Pinky Tuscadero

While I rode the bike this morning I mainly just listened to music and played Words With Friends (with friends, of course) and played Texas Holdem on-line. Last night I decided to begin using my iPod again. I mainly use my phone for music and such these days but, for some reason I decided to use my iPod again. I have an alarm clock docking station for it so I can use that for music at night and let my phone take a break and get a good night's sleep so it can work hard all day long with and for me. Toward the end of the workout I started watching Iron Man (2008). I must say on thing that I like about the phone over the iPod is that the phone have a much higher volume. I played the "workout" playlist which included quite a few songs I have not heard for quite awhile - Pink, AC/DC. Rob Thomas...

While peddling (or spinning as the yuppies, of which I may be one of, say) I felt a lot like Dave Stohler competing with Team Cinzano in Breaking Away. It kind of ended the same way (spoiler alert from a 1979 movie) with me getting the short end of the stick (kind of literally in Stohler's case if something can be "kind of" literally). In my case it is from coming-up short in gaining a few pounds. Another thing that kind of gives me conflicting feelings is that my butt hurts after riding for an hour on the bike. I would have liked to ride the real bike outside this morning but my cleaning the garage yesterday meant my bike hanging from the rafters (studs) in the garage. My butt hurts now because I do not have the layer of blubber back there that I used to have. I guess I have white man's flat ass disease. I could have stood and peddled on the outside bike had I waited a week to organize the garage. I never really had a very fat posterior, as I carried most of it in my chin and my gut, but now I have no butt at all. Maybe I will have to get a pillow to sit on when Stohlering next week? I will be right back because the washer and dryer are both playing my songs. Speaking of songs (again) (caught myself peddling much faster when Roz was playing Chariots of Fire.

I am back with some more clothes folded and some others now in the drier and others newly in the washer. Thank goodness for the washboard being a thing of the past.

I may sign-up for overtime next week (maybe a half day / six hours) on Monday so I will better my chances to have Sunday and Tuesday off. I feel like every week is playing the lottery when it comes to working extra hours. If I can try to choose the day(s) I work I will give it a shot. If it does not work, as I hope it does, I will probably not sign-up for overtime too much in the future. I will just the chips fall where they may and play the cards that are dealt to me at that point. I guess I still have Texas Holdem on my mind a bit, huh?

Okay, it is 15:52 and I think I will end now. As I said at the beginning I am happy you stopped by. I hope you have a great rest of your Tuesday and have an even better Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. I am not sure when I will write again but, when I need the therapy of your couch again, I will blog again soon. TTTSoon...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment