Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Everybody Wants To Be Me (or steal my identity)

I wonder if he is at an NGA Hong Gulf gas station in Houston in that getup
Today is my only day off for the past eight days so there may be some crabby undertones to today's blog. That is not the only reason for the crabbiness as you soon shall learn if you dare to continue on.

Last evening I was checking our checking account (that is why they call it a checking account, right?) and I saw three charges to a Best Buy store in Springfield, Illinois. I first called the bank but there was nobody available as it was Labor Day (I had to work so I figured everyone should work). So, I investigated and found the phone number for Best Buy #47 in my state's capital and gave them a call. I spoke to a dude named Brad, who I thought worked at Captain Hook's Fish & Chips, and he said he did not see the three charges for just over $225 each and the one credit for the same amount. It was a holiday and they were said to post the next day which would have been today. So, when the bank opened this morning at 8:30 (banker's hours) I scurried over and spoke with Katrina who put a hold on my card (it was my card and, fortunately, Jill has a different number so it was only my secret identity that was revealed). Katrina took my card and cut-it and said I will get a new one with a chip in it probably after we get back from Vegas. So, I went about my day. Then a few hours ago I received a call from a fraud protection company for the bank saying that my card number had been used at a NGA Hong Gulf gas station in Houston, Texas. Weird, just this moment my phone rang and it was Katrina and she said that the charge in Houston was declined so it pays to be the early bird to catch the card number thief while they drive from Springfield to Houston or give the number to their buddies or whatever happened there. I hope the person in Houston runs out of gas and then gets out of the car and gets squashed by an 18-wheeler. But, I hold no ill-will or animosity for this kind of act.
Oh yeah, I will continue to lose weight in Vegas. All I do is lose is Vegas!
I went and weighed-in this afternoon and lost four pounds since my last weigh-in before Jill's surgery. I have now lost 69 pounds since starting this weight-loss program. I will lose that one pound to reach 70 before we head to Lost Wages. I don't think I will be here to weigh-in on that Tuesday though. Then, I will probably gain that one and several more back on one of those "World's Largest Buffets" or die in a fiery plane crash or something. I will at least have a good burnt corpse. Part of the reason, I believe, that I lost that four pounds was the twenty four miles I rode on the stationary bike this morning while I watched Open Range. I love that movie - you cannot do much better than Duvall, Costner and Bening. If you want to borrow the disc let me know and I will send it your way.

I have gone shopping twice since starting to write this and I just used my plasma donation money so nobody else could steal another part of me.

It is only 17:36 and I am exhausted. Is it from working 64 hours a week? Is it riding the bike for 24 miles? Is it because I sleep very poorly? Is it because I am old (MIDDLE-aged?). Is it any combination of those things? I guess I am going to end now because I lost blog traction a few paragraphs ago.

Thank you for stopping by. I am not sure when I will write again. I will probably work every day up until we go west but sometimes I find time (or reason) to blog. I appreciate you and thank you for reading and overlooking my typos and nonsense. I should probably proofread more often but that requires too much effort from someone who is losing his identity all over our nation. Have a great rest of whatever is left of your day when your are reading this. TTT?...MITM (zzzzzzzzzout). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment