Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Back to the Grind Tomorrow!

"So, I threw my complimentary watered-down drink right in his fat face."
Tomorrow it is back to the grind but I am so delighted that I got my weekend (Sunday, Monday and Tuesday) off this week. I am guessing I will have to work 12 hours on at least one of these days at the end of this work week. It did make getting back into the MIDDLEwest life easier without having to go back to work right after we got home.

I went in and weighed-in this morning. I was worried because I ate a lot of stuff in Las Vegas that I do not usually eat (mainly carbs). I still did not drink any alcohol; not even those complimentary watered-down drinks they give you while you're at the tables. I usually do not drink anything while I am gambling. Cha Cha said she thought I look very serious at the gaming tables. I guess that is good that am concentrating when I could possibly lose money. Anyway, I weighed myself a few days ago and, according to our scale, I was up 11 pounds since before our trip. So, I broke into action yesterday and did something probably unhealthy for the last two days. Yesterday I drank only two protein shakes and drank only water all day. I also rode the bike downstairs for 20 miles. Then, today, I drank and ate nothing and rode another 20 miles. So, when I weighed in today, I gained only 0.8 pounds. Now I have to lose that 0.8 pounds and one more to get to that 70 pound loss - I WILL do that. I should bet the over/under - OVER! Maybe I should do 80 miles next week? But, maybe I will be forced to work next Tuesday and will not be able to weigh-in.

While I was riding the bike today I watched Rounders (I own the DVD). Yesterday I watched Dirty Harry on HBO GO. While I was getting some water I looked out the window well and I saw the three frogs that live in the well (I think I mentioned that I had taken them a bowl of water to swim in or whatever they water to do with the water). As I looked closer I saw there were now six frogs in the well. I worry about them as winter is approaching so I gathered the whole family or commune or subdivision... I know a group of frogs is called an army of frogs but I am fairly certain these were family members so are they still an army? They do have U.S. Army camouflage and they travel in large groups I suppose. My favorite group of animals is a "business of ferrets." Anyway, I took the family/army to the back corner of our yard by a row of pine trees that has our firewood and leaves and branches we use for fires behind them. It is very moist back there and shady so I think they will do well. I am sure there is also lots of bugs and such back for food there too. If they show-up in the window well again I will assume they prefer that environment. I try really hard not to kill any living creatures though mosquitoes get killed just by my reflex actions sometimes. I think I was always a Buddhist before I began even practicing Buddhism.

Speaking of Buddhists - yes, Angelina Jolie has filed for divorce but there is no truth to the rumors that she is leaving Brad Pitt to try to hook-up with me. I guess I cannot say precisely what her motives are (maybe it is because he has an infidelity issue?) but she has zero chance with me because I am hitched until my death (and totally faithful until then). Why would I want to become tabloid fodder? I can barely keep up with this blog with my boring life so I am not even going to try to dodge paparazzi and the like.
We quit while we were on top!
On our flight home Friday/Saturday I listened to several of our old Dirty Laundry Podcast shows. You cannot use WiFi on the plane so I listened to shows that I had stored on my phone. Our podcast was really entertaining if I do say so myself. I think we will start to record the show again but maybe weekly shows was a bit much. Perhaps bi-weekly or monthly would be more doable. I felt really pressured doing the editing and such and uploading the show every week and I finally had one of those showbiz breakdowns. Why have a hobby if it stresses you out? I guess if it were our paying jobs it would be good but we did not charge for the show and we did not have paid advertisers though we would have some ads we did for free and some phony baloney or phologna bologna ads. It was fun having people in our studio and/or on the phone talking about whatever. I will keep you advised on how that evolves. We had some famous people on the show too so that was cool. I will keep you abreast of that situation.
 How BIG are football helmets these days? 

Why is everyone getting so charged-up one way or another about athletes not standing for the National Anthem? How does it impact me? I am happy to live in America and I appreciate my freedoms. I think, if I so chose, I should have the freedom to not sing the National Anthem and even kneel rather than stand if I wanted to. I can understand how some nationalities and races in this country feel like they are still discriminated against and I can see this as a way for them to bring attention to their plights and frustrations. Our entire country began because many were tired of the oppression by Mother England and her crabbiness. I hope that this movement does not lead to great violence or civil unrest but, sometimes, that is required too though I do not condone that as I am pretty-much a pacifist (I won't even hurt a frog - and they travel in armies for goodness sake). People get so worked-up about things that really don't make that much of a difference in their lives. Chill already!

I am gonna stop now. I may write again after work tomorrow but I can not say for certain. Thanks for taking a few minutes to read my incoherently coherent ramblings; I really appreciate you stopping by and all the comments and suggestions you send. Have a great rest of you day and behave yourself. TTTT (78%)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment