Friday, August 1, 2014

I Have a New Stripper Name

What the finished product should look like
It's almost noon o'clock and I have gotten a lot done today already. The living room is half painted and the kitchen is completely painted. Fabio has been working on the painting for awhile but last night I decided that I am tired of four rooms in our house torn-up so he and I worked together this morning. We are paying him to do the work so maybe I will have to have him pay me for my assistance. The reason that the living room or family room or whatever room it is called is only half painted is because the top is light gray and the bottom is going to be dark gray with the white chair-rail in between. I am not sure of the exact names of the colors but light gray and dark gray puts a picture in your mind. Also, I think it is called chair-rail but it is five feet from the floor and I imagine chair-rail to be more like three feet from the floor. I am guessing the idea behind chair-rail was so chairs didn't mark-up the walls. Probably more for dining rooms. Maybe we just have really tall chairs?

I am going to get this all done today/tonight. I am tired of having furniture piled-up in the front room (whatever that one is called) and the Tiki Room (that one has had an official name since the day we moved in). The Tiki Room is the one off the family room (possibly) and the dining area/kitchen area that goes out to the patio.

Going to North Aurora Days may not happen tonight depending on the work progress. I am about to head over and get the dark gray paint now but I hadn't eaten and I was getting hungry. Ironically, a huge part of losing weight is eating. You just have to eat the proper things and the appropriate quantities. I am going to go get the paint now. I will finish this when I get back. It will seem like scrolling down to the next paragraph to you though.

It is now 15:54. Like most jobs this simple home-improvement job has turned into a nightmare. It appeared that the lower walls were prepped to be painted. Cha Cha had wallpapered the family room a couple of times and it appeared as the walls were ready to paint. I had suspicions so I painted a test area and let the paint dry. It bubbled and looked like hell. The underpart of the wallpaper was still on the walls. So, now I am spraying the two layers of wallpaper with hot water and vinegar and slowing scraping the wallpaper off the walls. I fear that I will be up all night (my Sunday) stripping the walls and will not be able to paint until tomorrow afternoon or Sunday sometime. So much for recording another load of Dirty Laundry Podcast this week. I guess it's good that last week's show ran long.
Obviously, we are not going to North Aurora Days. I am hungry - I think I am gonna have a dill pickle (TWSS).

My foot is no longer asleep so I had better get back to work. I doubt that I will be blogging tomorrow since I will probably still be working on this project until it is time to sleep tomorrow afternoon for work tomorrow night. Thanks a lot for stopping by to read my whining. Have a great your Friday night. If you're bored I would consider hosting a wallpaper stripping party. When I was a stripper my name was Wally Paper, coincidentally. TTTT...MITM (out) ta!

No comments:

Post a Comment