Saturday, August 30, 2014

I'm Not Into Health Food and I Have Half a Brain (Barely)

My system (the one that runs my body not my computer) is totally out of whack, yo. When did it become necessary for me to say "yo" every time I use the word "whack?" So, here I am blogging. Yesterday I went and had my bank meeting and that went VERY well. I came home and mowed the backyard and took the Roundup and sprayed the base of the fence both inside the yard and outside the yard. I also did the sidewalk cracks and all of those other weird areas like around the basketball hoop... Then, last night Cha Cha and I went out downtown for dinner. We knew Corn Fest was going on but we went downtown anyway. We sat on the patio at Eduardo's so we could people-watch as the restaurant is right downtown where Corn Fest is happening. Dinner was great but, as we got the bill, I had wished I had been drinking Pina Coladas. The bill came and the skies opened up (doesn't "getting caught in the rain" go well with Pina Coladas?) We went inside and waited for a mild break in the rain and went to the car. As we got in the car the sky opened-up again. We headed home to record Dirty Laundry Podcast.

Fabio had gone to the high school football game with a couple of buddies. He texted us and asked if it was alright if they came to our house and hung-out for awhile while they waited for a movie to start at the theater. So, they came back and we put the recording of the show on hold until they left. I decided to go upstairs and lie down until they left. I asked Cha Cha to let me know when they left. I never got that call and I just fell asleep. Now, today, we will record the show. We WILL record the show today!
Now at the low, low price of only $5

I cannot believe there are people charging $5 to park in our usual free parking lots downtown during Corn Fest. I suppose it's nice for the different groups to make some cash but isn't this what part of all of the damn city taxes we pay? I was not going to be held hostage and I made my way closer to downtown and parked for free. That worked out very well when it was raining because had I parked in one of these lost when they were charging we would have gotten soaked (in more ways than one). I would rather tip our waiter $10 on our $30 tab (which I did) than to pay $5 to park in a free lot (which I did not). The free corn is from 1100 - 1400 today downtown (at 4th Street and Lincoln Highway if you are coming). I may head down again for that.

A new work week is beginning and that means more overtime for me. I am trying to put a positive spin on the whole thing. I work Monday, as usual, but this Monday is Labor Day and, since I look like I am ready to give birth, I work and get paid for those hours and also get paid eight hours of holiday pay. Then, Thursday, I have to get to work for five hours and get that OT. I think that may be the end of my overtime for awhile. I took all of the hours from last week as Comp Time so I put almost an entire week-off in my "bank." I will put another couple days-off in the bank this week. Time spent with family and friends is more important than cash to me right now.
I bet Houdini Candy would be delicious!

I am gonna lie-down for awhile before we record the show and I head down for some free corn. I usually go with the "no butter" option. If I want to taste butter I will go put a straw in a bucket of popcorn at the theater. Have a great Saturday (or, as I like to call it, Monday even though I cannot tell the difference these past few weeks).  A show about Harry Houdini is on right now - I love Harry Houdini. I t even adds to it that he lived in the MIDDLEwestern state of Wisconsin (I think Wisconsin is considered the Midwest). They are auctioning off a lot of his old tricks... the audience is filled with famous magicians. There is a two-part mini-series with Adrien Brody about Houdini starting soon so, we will see every show that all of the other networks have in the can. A can that Houdini could, and is, escape from. I have the record set-up for that mini-series. Okay, now I will let you escape. I sure am full of stupid puns today. Thanks for stopping in. I will let you know when the new show is up and I will probably not blog again until your Monday. TTTM...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment