Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Back-off Man, I'm a Blogger

Maybe I will work at this very haunted place soon?
Work must really be on my mind lately because it seems to be my main blogging topic for the last week or so. That could be because that is all I seem to do lately is work and sleep. I am in the MIDDLE of two shifts right now (got off six hours ago and have to go back in ten hours - I know that isn't exactly in the MIDDLE but it is somewhere in the MIDDLE). There is a position at another state facility where I am trying to transfer to; I am awaiting a callback from their Human Resources department right now. It is at a very well known facility and it would probably entail much more stress and danger (my MIDDLE name) but with more danger and stress comes more money. You have to die of something and I may as well leave my family a great story to tell about how I died. I just found out that this place that I am looking to work is listed as one of the top ten haunted places in Illinois (cool). The facility has ten open positions but, I only found out about it last night and the deadline to apply is 16:00 today (about four hours away). Since I am currently an employee of this financially broken State I have to fill out a CMS100 form prior to the position closing. I have a feeling, given their proximity to me and me having to work tonight, this is going to be difficult. Especially since I cannot get a call-back. Maybe, considering that I am a current state employee and I called before the deadline it will be okay to go in tomorrow. Que Sera Sera (that's a fancy way of Doris Day believing in destiny I think).

This would normally be my Thursday but since I don't have any days off for several days I am not sure what to call this - maybe Super Thuper Thursday. If the State is gonna be broke I am doing my very best to try to be a large contributing factor to that. I assure you that I earn my money - I am not one of the stereotypical state employees that people picture. I know many of those types but I know just as many, actually more, that are not that type.
Cha Cha's name tag
I am fairly certain that we are going to record a show tomorrow. I think we will try to do a few short shows over the next few weeks so I will have the time to get them edited and uploaded during this busy time at work. Who knows? Maybe we will like doing the shorter shows and do that all the time unless we have a guest in the studio. People are kind of conditioned to half-hour television shows so maybe that would help us grow even more around the world? It's worth a try. Cha Cha is even busier than I am with her work. I know I talk about me working every day for these couple of weeks but Cha Cha works every day (and most of every night) all the time. At least I get paid overtime for my extra work - she is salary so she just does it to get the job done. If I were starting a company she would be the first employee that I would hire. Anyway, if we do a half hour show here and there over the next week it will still show people that Dirty Laundry Podcast still piles-up. Then, we will roll-out the new studio equipment.

I think Fabio and I are going to go to Buffalo Wild Wings. We always go there when Cha Cha isn't home - she hates B-Dubs. I think she and MADYM are going to Tribella tonight for her birthday dinner. They usually buy each other dinner for/near their birthdays. Fabio has to work at 1700. If you make your way to Schnuck's you will see him there. He starts school tomorrow - we are gonna stop and get him some school supplies and at the high school and see about his parking pass too. School supply shopping used to be an exciting day when we were kids. It was probably the third most exciting day right after your birthday and Christmas morning. There were no cable television, cell phones, video games...back then; we were very easily amused.

I have to get dressed. Then, when we get back, I will probably go back to sleep. Thanks a lot for slowing-down for this speed bump. I hope you have a great rest of your day and night. I am pretty sure I will blog tomorrow; it seems to be a great joy that I miss when I don't do it. The podcast is a joy I am missing right now. I am such a simpleton. TTTT...MITM (out) still no call on my new haunted house job for lots more money. Back-off man, I'm a blogger. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment