Wednesday, August 20, 2014

No Graphic No Frills

It is my Friday tonight usually. This next few weeks I will not really have a weekend though. We have been slow, comparatively, lately but most of our "customers" will return to town Friday. With the return of our thousands of primary concerns returning we will be VERY busy for the next few weeks. In my case, since I have Thirsty Thursdays and Freaky Fridays as my weekend days I will get a lot of "mandatory overtime." That was one thing of about having Mondays and Tuesdays off back in the day - nothing exciting happens on those days. We don't get a whole bunch of OT so it is kind of nice when it occurs. I have to decide if I want to take the cash or use them for extra vacation days (comp days). With the second round of property taxes due in a couple of weeks it will actually be a decision this time. Usually I take the days off "on account" because it is really nice to have those in the bank. This year, for a change I get Halloween off, Thanksgiving off, Christmas off and New Years Day off. Three of those are paid holidays too. I have had to work all of those days for the last three years. This will be weird. I even had to spend Christmas Home Alone one year while everybody else went out of town. Seniority has it advantages. Hopefully, one of these days, my seniority will equate into day work rather than working the graveyard shift.

We have been having hardware issues at the house lately so we haven't done a new Dirty Laundry Podcast for the last couple of weeks. we are also in the progress of upgrading our studio equipment so we have a mixing board and at least three microphone (probably four). One for each person and an extra for live musical instrumentation. I am extremely excited. I just hope we don't lose the fan-base we have built in the meantime. I am even writing this blog on my mini Mac (MacBook Air) because I have some kind of a virus on my usual computer from searching for Cha Cha's birthday present on-line. Cha Cha has removed it but it worms it's way back on. I am going to have to take it to the Geek Squad tomorrow. As long as I live I will never understand why people get a thrill out of doing the malicious things they do (like computer viruses and such).

Tomorrow I am getting a haircut. That should be the highlight of the rest of my month (not to be confused with highlights in my hair). I may go over to SportClips and get the whole massage and hot towel treatment. I must say that I do enjoy that. I wish the stylists would dress in cheerleading outfits or something though. Yes, I may very well have become a dirty old man. I was always a dirty young man so it is just a natural progression. That explains Dirty Laundry Podcast too I guess. It would be awesome if the St. Louis Cardinals had a day came on MLB Network or ESPN while I was there.

I am not even adding any photos to today's blog because I cannot figure out how on this computer. With no graphics it seems even longer than it usually is. Thanks a lot for stopping and reading. I hope to be back to the old Matt In The Middle and Dirty Laundry Podcast very soon. TTT?... (probably tomorrow) MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment