Wednesday, August 13, 2014

I AM Micky Dolenz

Sorry it has been so long since my last posting; living life just continues to get in the way. I am not complaining since, without life getting in the way, I would have nothing to blog about. Literally, nothing to blog about. The last blog I wrote was from a hotel room on vacation. Last night was my first night back to work and tonight is already my Friday. Starting in about a week work gets LOTS busier again as all of our "customers." There are several chances for overtime (some on a voluntary basis and some on an assigned basis). Thursdays and Fridays seem to be the busiest nights for the OT and, since those are my nights off, I get and have to work many of those shifts. Our old Chief was not very big on overtime but the new Chief is all about getting us OT when he can. I know several of the days I get to/have to work and am waiting on others. My buddy Greg, as do I, wants to go watch the Cardinals/Cubs games in St. Louis over Labor Day weekend; I cannot get off work at all that weekend. In fact, I have to work my weekend too (Thursday/Friday). I am almost certain we are recording a new Dirty Laundry Podcast tomorrow night since who knows when we will get to do another one? I will probably edit it all Friday so I can get it uploaded right away before the craziness starts.

My podcast co-host had a birthday yesterday so I am only older by months rather than years right now. In about exactly 32 days we will be a year apart again (semantics). Yeah, my birthday is on a work day this year. How come we get Jesus' birthday off but we have to work on our own birthdays? Wouldn't it be nice if we all got a day off on our own birthday? I usually work Jesus' birthday too now that I think of it. I know it would suck on those years that our birthday fell on our weekends but those other years it would be really cool. Especially when it fell on either side of our weekend. I will this Thursday/Friday (my weekend) off and next week's and then the three weeks after that I will be working every day of the week. It was kind of nice when my days off were Mondays and Tuesdays because they didn't need the extra help on those days like they do on Thirsty Thursdays and Freaky Fridays. I do like Thursdays and Fridays off a lot more and now I get overtime (pretty much guaranteed).

I am tired of talking about work so I will stop.

I have had a cold for the last three days. All-inclusive resorts mean all-inclusive germ-sharing too I suppose. I am a bit better today but I still feel punky. I'm the punky blogger known as McMatt if I can't do it nobody can. That may make sense to some of you other MIDDLE-aged people in the Chicagoland area. It still won't be funny but it will make sense. I am confident that I will feel better over what will be one of my last free weekends for awhile. We finally got the living room and kitchen painting complete so this weekend may feel like a weekend? There are still some minor touch-ups we need to do but very minor considering all that we did. It is nice having the furniture back where we can utilize the chairs and couch again.

It is always very sad when someone dies. I always think about their loved-ones. I am not sure if you have heard that Robin Williams died? Talk is that he killed himself. I hate to sound callous but I am tired of hearing about it already. I remember seeing his stand-up back in the late 1970's. I thought he was different but I would not say that I found him that funny right away. He did have a charm about him that made me think that he was a nice guy. I didn't realize that he was from right here in my MIDDLEwestern state of Illinois though. I saw him on Happy Days and I watched Mork and Mindy - remember that our choices were very limited back in the day. I would be lying if I said I didn't like some of his films. I think I liked most of his film work: Dead Poet's Society, What Dreams May Come, Mrs. Doubtfire, Good Morning Vietnam, Patch Adams, Awakenings, Moscow on the Hudson, Good Will Hunting....  Why would he hang himself with a belt? We all have our own demons I guess. I read that his daughter is getting tormented on her social media. Some people are so mean. It's okay to keep your mouth/fingers quiet once in awhile. That's why I don't blog or podcast every day - if you don't have anything worth blogging or podcasting or saying just keep you fingers our mouth shut.

Maybe you remember a couple of months ago that I wrote about smelling something and then my mind transporting me into someone else's body? My friend Shawn said he sounding like something that could happen from a inner-ear infection. I saw the doctor for another thing (my yearly check-up that made me ultimately lose my anal virginity) and he said I did not have an ear infection. I had not had this experience again until yesterday. I smelled something while painting and all of a sudden I felt like I was transported into Micky Dolenz's body - looking out through his eyes. Probably no coincidence that it is happening again now that I have a head cold huh? But why Micky Dolenz? I have not seen anything with him or listened to any Monkees music or anything. No Circus Boy or whatever show it was he was in as a kid. Makes me further believe Shawn and not my doctor. It kind of makes me have a mini-panic attach when it happens. I should just let it happen and stop rejecting it to see what happens. Coincidence that my right arm is breaking-out again like it did when I had the poison oak / poison sumac?

Wow, this got long (TWSS)! Have a great night - I will be working (by Friday is always good though). I think I will probably blog again tomorrow thought I think Greg and I may have lunch and there is the podcast deal tomorrow night. Thank you for staying so loyal to my rants. Talk to you probably tomorrow, your pal Micky Dolenz. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment