Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Corny? Yes! I Live in a Cornfield, What Do You Expect?

Today is what I consider the epicenter of my busy-season at work. I got off work about six hours ago and slept for five of those. I am thinking of this day as a dry-run for tomorrow. I go in tonight and then get off at 0600 tomorrow and then have to be back about 24 hours from now (1200). Basically, I have to do exactly what I did this morning other than I need to be back at work for a ten-hour+ shift at this time tomorrow. I did not set an alarm today but I have already set the alarm for tomorrow morning. I don't sleep more than four or five hours at a time anyway but, if I did not set the alarm tomorrow it would be the one day that I would sleep eight straight.

The Cosmos is/are (not sure if Cosmos is singular or plural and I don't care that much to find out though I am assuming it plural) having pity on me or rewarding me for my valiance. I am also not sure if cosmos should be capitalized unless I am talking about the Carl Sagan series. The Cosmos is so important that I feel, just out of respect, I should capitalize it. The same way that God is capitalized.  The St. Louis Cardinals vs. the Pittsburgh Pirates game is on MLB Network right now. It started at 1130 CST. I wish I were in Pittsburgh today; I bet an 11:30 game on a Wednesday would be easy to get a ticket for. Last night, while sleeping before work, I listened to the Cards lose to the Bucs. I was bummed-out but was less bummed when I heard the Brewers lose later in the evening to the Padres. I am 90% certain that the Cards will make the play-offs and yes, if you want to wager, I will be happy to take your money. I left for awhile and paused the game so don't tell me how it ended. I am watching again now and the Pirates are leading 3 - 1 in the fifth inning. I am sure the game is actually over now unless it went extra frames.

I think I mentioned here that Fabio has a job now. I think it has done him a lot of good. His confidence seems to be much better and he is more extroverted. He has always been a pretty unassuming, quiet guy. He is pretty much the polar opposite of me. He does look like I did at his age if I were seven inches taller. I feel like a bad parent that I didn't take his picture and post it all over Facebook. However, I don't have to sleep with one eye open.
I get to take another four-hour nap in about and hour-and-a-half. I will not have that same luxury tomorrow. Why do I have to think ahead so much about everything? Damn it, I just accidentally saw the final score of this game. It is in the sixth inning on my television but in the real world it is over. I guess I don't need to watch the rest of the game since nothing is going to change. Now I have to hope another Brewers' loss today. I would have rooted for that either way though.
Pretty corny, huh?
Corn Fest is this weekend. I have Friday off so I may wander over for a funnel cake and some corn. There is free corn Saturday morning. They clean it, cook it and serve it. They have the butter and salt... It's like heaven. I do love corn dogs but I don't eat them. They should have chicken corn dogs. Actually, I bet they do. There is a Beatles' tribute band called American English playing and also The Chicago Six which is a bunch of former Chicago Bears from the Superbowl Shuffle days. That is proof that they cannot sing. I have heard that American English is very good.

I am gonna break-off. We are not going to record the new Dirty Laundry Podcast today as I had hoped. Cha Cha is pretty busy with work stuff. I will have a new show up by Monday even if I have to record it by myself life from Corn Fest. Have a great night. I am almost certain that I will not blog again tomorrow. I will be working 16 of the 24 hours in the day and I need to try to sleep a few hours. I hope it isn't too hot and doesn't rain because I am fairly certain I will be outside most of that time. They really do need to build a dome for football out here (just for me). Thank you for slowing down for a few minutes. TTT?...MITM (out)... livin' the dream!

No comments:

Post a Comment